HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HDP 1.2 Install Logio/Pwd

I am installing HDP and Ia being prompted for a sandbox login / password. Is there a default default login for the install?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Larry,

Thanks for using HDP. Can you please clarify if you are trying to install Ambari, or Sandbox?

Password for Sandbox is root/hadoop. However, Sandbox forum is located here:

Can you please post Sandbox questions there if you still have outstanding questions with Sandbox?

well a i have de same problem … Sandbox 1.2 + VMWARE Player hosted ina a windows 7.

I followed all installing instrutions , include , add a network device adaptator (setps 7 to 9) in VM.
    but cant acesss url displayed…

Shold I skip to Sandbox 1.3???

Sasha J

Yes, go to Sandbox 1.3.
    It have much simpler install procedure and have many improvements comparing to Sandbox 1.2

Thank you!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.