HDP on Windows – Installation Forum

hdp 1.3 for windows installation failed

Yiwei Chen

Hello experts:

I tried to install the hdp 1.3 for windows on a windows 2008 server and I met a strange error below:

HADOOP: copy /Y “C:\hdp\hadoop\\hadoop-\contrib\streaming\hadoop-streaming-” “C:\hdp\hadoop\\hadoop-\lib\hadoop-streaming.jar”
    HADOOP FAILURE: The term ‘cmd.exe’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

I exactly followed the instruction but the installation failed and throw out the error above.

Please help, thanks in advance.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Good Boy

Have you installed Cygwin n your system?

Good Boy

You can refer below link for installation of hadoop in windows.

Yiwei Chen

Thanks! It is working now!

Seth Lyubich

Thanks for letting us know that is working. To work around the issue users can also set “DESTROY_DATA=YES” during the installation.

Atul Nirmalkar

I am trying to install for single node and facing the same issue can you please help, even i tried “DESTROY_DATA=YES” but still same issue.

Thanks in advance

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.