Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 1.3 installtion Failed on Windows 2012

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hello,

I’m trying to install HDP 1.3 on Windows Server 2012 and I’m getting this error. Could someone tell me what I’m missing there. kr,

CREATE-USER: Logging to existing log C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log
    CREATE-USER: Logging to C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log
    CREATE-USER: HDP_INSTALL_PATH: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\scripts
    CREATE-USER: HDP_RESOURCES_DIR: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources
    CREATE-USER: UserGroup not provided. Using default UserGroup HadoopUsers.
    CREATE-USER: Setting password for hadoop
    CREATE-USER: Granting SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    CREATE-USER: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources\installHelper2.exe -u WIN2012\hadoop +r SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    CREATE-USER FAILURE: Failed to grant SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege
    HDP FAILURE: Failed to create Hadoop user
    WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\Users\Admin\Downloads\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped HDP: Following properties will be exported into the environment HDP: Property Value HDP: ——– —– HDP: OOZIE_DB_NAME oozie HDP: OOZIE_DB_USERNAME oozie HDP: WEBHCAT_HOST WIN2012 HDP: OOZIE_SERVER_HOST WIN2012 HDP: OOZIE_DB_PASSWORD oozie HDP: FLUME_HOSTS WIN2012 HDP: ZOOKEEPER_HOSTS WIN2012 HDP: DB_HOSTNAME WIN2012 HDP: HDP_LOG_DIR c:\hadoop\logs HDP: HIVE_DB_NAME hive HDP: HIVE_DB_USERNAME hive HDP: HIVE_SERVER_HOST WIN2012 HDP: DB_PORT 1527 HDP: DB_FLAVOR derby HDP: HBASE_MASTER WIN2012 HDP: SLAVE_HOSTS …

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Arcondo ,

HDP installer creates a local Hadoop account with the installation. It is not possible to create local account on the Domain Controller and that is why you are seeing this issue. Most of the time it is not advisable to install any additional software on the Domain Controller. Please let me know if you have a specific use case to do so.

You can try to create another machine, join it to domain, and try installation again.

Hope this helps and let me know if this is useful.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Hi

Indeed, I’m trying to install it in the domain controller (single node install). I heard that we cannot install it in domain controller. is it still the case for HDP 1.3 ?

Kr,

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Arcondo ,

I will try to reproduce this. Can you please confirm if you trying to install HDP on the same node as Domain Controller?

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Hello Hortonworks folks

For Windows 2012 the Hadoop User creation script is wrong (see my previous post). Would you please correct it or provide a workaround.

Thanks in advance.

Collapse

Hi,

I tried everything without success.
    So I followed the install and found out where the error is coming from :

When analyzing the log I saw this :

C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\resources\installHelper2.exe -u WIN2012\hadoop +r SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege

Where WIN2012 is refering to the Computer Name. But when I went to Active directory, I saw that Hadoop was created by the script Under my controller domain : AB (AB\Hadoop)

So I decided to run only the command above by replacing WIN2012 by AB and it was a success.

question : How I can get rid of the “computer name” from the command above ?

Thanks for your feedback.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Kr,

Can you please check file C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-1.3.0.0.winpkg.install.log to see if there is more information why user hadoop could not be created?

Also, can you please try with command prompt instead by right-clicking icon and selecting “Run as Administrator”? Can you try adding your account to Administrators group?

The only known issues I know if you don’t have proper privileges, or if you try to install single node cluster on domain controller, where no local users can be created.

You can check if you have sufficient privileges by checking if you can add symbolic link manually:

Launch secpol.msc via Start or Start → Run.

Open Security Settings → Local Policies → User Rights Assignment.

In the list, find the “Create symbolic links” item, which represents SeCreateSymbolicLinkPrivilege.

Double-click on the item and test adding yourself or other user to this property.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Hi,

I’m following single node installation guide. So I fired Powershell in administrator mode and then I picked up the install command as depicted in the guide.

is it the right way ?

Kr,

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Arcondo,

Can you please make sure that you running installer in Administrator mode?

Please let us know if this is helpful.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)