HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HDP 1.3 – Registration with the server failed.

Hi HDP team,

I am also getting the same error. I am trying to install HDP on a single node using ambari.

Please let me know how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Shyamala

STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT
    Cluster primary OS type is redhat6 and local OS type is centos6

STDERR
    Connection to hdp1.3-9364.phx-os1.stratus.dev.ebay.com closed.
    STDOUT
    sudo-1.7.4p5-13.el6_3.x86_64

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    Registering with the server…
    Registration with the server failed.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    tedr

Hi Shyamala,

Same error? There is no previous post in this thread to reference here. Do you have passwordless ssh set up from the Ambari-server node and the rest of the nodes in the cluster? Also make sure that iptables and ip6tables are shut off on all nodes in the cluster.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Hi Ted,

I was thinking of posting it in another thread which had the same topic but then changed my mind, but forgot to update the content.

I do have the passwordless ssh set up and iptables and ip6tables are stopped.
    But still seeing the same error.

Thanks,
    Shyamala

tedr

Hi Shyamala,

Another bit I noticed from you first post, is this cluster running on two different linux os’s, the error output indicates RedHat6 and Centos6?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Wes Floyd
    Participant

I’m having the same error. I’m still not sure why the error is happening. However, it appears to be coming from this file:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ambari/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/python/os_type_check.sh

Line 8’ish)
    cluster_os=$1

If so then why is the $1 parameter being set as RedHat when I’m running on the HDP VirtualBox image on CentOS?

tedr

Hi Wes,

That value is being passed into the script from somewhere. I’m looking into where it is coming from.

Ted.

Wes Floyd
    Participant

I tried fooling it by editing and/or removing the /etc/centos-release file. This did not help.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.