Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP 1.3 – Registration with the server failed.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Wes Floyd 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi HDP team,

I am also getting the same error. I am trying to install HDP on a single node using ambari.

Please let me know how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks,
    Shyamala

STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT
    Cluster primary OS type is redhat6 and local OS type is centos6

STDERR
    Connection to hdp1.3-9364.phx-os1.stratus.dev.ebay.com closed.
    STDOUT
    sudo-1.7.4p5-13.el6_3.x86_64

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    STDOUT

STDERR
    Registering with the server…
    Registration with the server failed.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Wes Floyd

I tried fooling it by editing and/or removing the /etc/centos-release file. This did not help.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Wes,

That value is being passed into the script from somewhere. I’m looking into where it is coming from.

Ted.

Collapse

Wes Floyd

I’m having the same error. I’m still not sure why the error is happening. However, it appears to be coming from this file:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ambari/trunk/ambari-server/src/main/python/os_type_check.sh

Line 8′ish)
    cluster_os=$1

If so then why is the $1 parameter being set as RedHat when I’m running on the HDP VirtualBox image on CentOS?

Collapse

tedr

Hi Shyamala,

Another bit I noticed from you first post, is this cluster running on two different linux os’s, the error output indicates RedHat6 and Centos6?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Hi Ted,

I was thinking of posting it in another thread which had the same topic but then changed my mind, but forgot to update the content.

I do have the passwordless ssh set up and iptables and ip6tables are stopped.
    But still seeing the same error.

Thanks,
    Shyamala

Collapse

tedr

Hi Shyamala,

Same error? There is no previous post in this thread to reference here. Do you have passwordless ssh set up from the Ambari-server node and the rest of the nodes in the cluster? Also make sure that iptables and ip6tables are shut off on all nodes in the cluster.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)