Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 1.3 – Will not Start

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Seth Lyubich 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Mark Kottke

hello,

I’ve installed HDP 1.3 on a Windows 2008 R2 server. It installed successfully, but will not start. In looking at the start_local_hdp_services file, it looks to be expecting that there are several windows services with “apache hadoop” in the name, and then it loops through and starts them. On my machine, I have no services with “apache hadoop” in the name. Can you please provide some guidance on what I should look at to address the problem?

thank you.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Thanks for letting me know that you were able to resolve your issue and your feedback. I will update our product team with your feedback.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Mark Kottke

Yes, it turns out that was the issue.

I would like to request that Hortonworks add a check into the installation process that verifies that the names resolve, and report an error of they don’t. Since the installation finished with a message of success, yet the services aren’t installed, it is very difficult to discover this issue.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

Can you please verify your clusterproperties.txt file to make sure that you specified correct host on which services need to be installed. You can also check to make sure that name resolution works as expected on the node where your services were not installed as expected.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Mark Kottke

yes, when the installer finishes, it shows a dialog box saying “Installation completed successfully”. Also, there are no obvious errors in the log file, the last line in the file is
    MSI (c) (18:EC) [22:32:03:615]: Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Hortonworks Data Platform 1.3.0.0 for Windows. Product Version: 1.3.0.0. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: Hortonworks. Installation success or error status: 0.

I would be happy to send you the file if you would like to look at it.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for trying HDP on Windows,

Did installer actually complete installation? Hadoop services should get installed if installation completes successfully. You can try checking installation log to see what went wrong.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)