Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 2.0 Name Node Service Flickers on/off

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  erwee 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

erwee
    Participant

I’m having trouble with my test install of HPD 2.0 on windows server 2012 R2. The Server base is the Microsoft trial VM that can be found here: http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/forum/hdp-for-windows/
    And the HDP was installed using the step-by-step instructions found on the Horton Works site here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.6.0-Win/bk_installing_hdp_for_windows/content/win-chap2-singlenode.html
    The install started off fine and I even managed to get sqoop to work and connect to my SQL Server database server.

The problem I have now is that every time I spin up the Virtual Machine and power up the services using “start_local_hdp_services”, all services start but then the “namenode” and “historynode” services keeps stopping and restarting themselves indefinitely.
    In the windows systemlog, I keep getting 4 consecutive entries: 1 & 2 are the services starting and 3 & 4 are the services shutting down with the following errors respectively:

The Apache Hadoop namenode service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 132 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    The Apache Hadoop historyserver service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 80 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 5000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

This keeps happening every few seconds … and the count is up to about 100,000 now.

I’ve added the hadoop user all the services are running under to the administrators group on the server and that made no difference.

Can anyone pls give me some guidance here? I’m trying to show my manager we can build some Hadoop solutions on windows (to start with .. then maybe Linux when he gets use to the idea) .. but it does not bode well if I cannot even keep the services up and running :)

HELP !

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.