Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP 2.1 Windows 2012 – Installation Fails

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  John Taylor 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

John Taylor
    Participant

Have Windows 2012 Server.
    Previously have installed HDP 2.0 straight from the msi without any issues.
    Can install and uninstall HDP 2.0 at will without issues.

Can uninstall HDP 2.0 and try to install HDP 2.1 from msi – fails every time
    Says – “Installation failed. Please see installation log for details’

Last lines in log file as follows:

HDP: UNINSTALLATION COMPLETE
    WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from C:\software\HDP2_1\hdp-2.1.1.0-GA\\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive identifier, checking skipped HDP: Ignoring DB_PORT for DB_FLAVOR derby HDP:

and more similar after that

>> clusterproperties.txt file exists in directory C:\Software\HDP2_1\hdp-2.1.1.0-GA

Any idea?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

John Taylor
    Participant

I managed to resolve – it is in another post. Will need to dig it out. Clear out one of the entries in the HDP Installer.
    I have since moved on, after my disappointment of not having Hue for Windows

Collapse

Ivan Malamen
    Participant

HI John!

Please provide full instalaltion log to dtermine where is the problem

Thanx

Collapse

John Taylor
    Participant

Perhaps not the original error – error condition earlier and then does an uninstall. Trying to figure out what the original error that triggered the uninstall is

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)