HDP on Windows – Installation Forum

HDP 2 Installation Failure on Windows 2008 Enterprise R2

Sameer Vulchi
    Participant

Hi,
    I am trying to install HDP 2.0 on my Windows 2008 Enterprise R2 server but everytime I try I get and installation failure. And the log shows the following error and then rollsback the installation.

Error:
    D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: Current SD: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: Modifying SD to: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: sc sdset oozieservice D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    [SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS
    OOZIE: Configuring service config c:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml
    OOZIE: Updating file c:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml to point to executable c:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozied.cmd
    OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars
    OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file
    OOZIE FAILURE: Could not find a part of the path ‘C:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\temp\WEB-INF\lib’.

At C:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozie-setup.ps1:150 char:7
    + cp <<<< -r $ExtraLibs\*.jar $OOZIE_WEB_INF_LIB
    WINPKG FAILURE: OOZIE: Logging to existing log C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log OOZIE: Logging to C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log OOZIE: HDP_INSTALL_PATH: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg\scripts OOZIE: HDP_RESOURCES_DIR: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg\resources OOZIE: Using provided credentials for username hadoop OOZIE: Username: SVULCHI04\hadoop OOZIE: CredentialFilePath: OOZIE: Creating Oozie Data Directory: c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie OOZIE: mkdir c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie OOZIE: Giving user/group “SVULCHI04\hadoop” full permissions to “c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie” OOZIE: icacls “c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie” /grant SVULCHI04\hadoop:(OI)(CI)F processed file: c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files processed file: c:\hdp\hdpdata\oozie Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files OOZIE: Logging to existing log C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log OOZIE: Logging to C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log OOZIE: HDP_INSTALL_PATH: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg\scripts OOZIE: HDP_RESO

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Seth Lyubich

Hi Sameer,

Can you please check C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log to see if you can see more details about the failure?

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Sameer Vulchi
    Participant

Hi Seth,
    Thank you for responding to my query. I have picked the log entries from the same file i.e. C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopSetupTools\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.log and I could not figure what is the root cause. So I am looking for help to find the root cause and move forward with my installation.

thanks,
    Sameer

Dave

Hi Sameer,

What is located in this directory:

C:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\temp\WEB-INF\lib

Thanks

Dave

Sameer Vulchi
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Thank you for getting back to me. Since the installation has failed there is no folder named “WEB-INF” under “C:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\temp”. It is all empty. I saw in the logs that the installer has actually rolled back the installation and removed the WEB-INF folder also. But during installation I did see the folder “C:\hdp\hdp2.0\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\temp\WEB-INF” but not sure why the installation failed.

thanks,
    Sameer

Robert
    Participant

Hi Sameer,
    What user are you running the installer? Can you doublecheck to make sure you are not reaching disk capacity?

Regards,
    Robert

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.