Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP 2 on VirtualBox corrupt

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic

hunk

I’m running into the following issue when trying HDP 2.0 on VitrualBox on MacOSX.

Failed to import appliance /Users/xxxxxDownloads/HDP/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox.ova.

Could not create the clone medium ‘/Users/xxxxx/VirtualBox VMs/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘/Users/xxxxxx/Downloads/HDP/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

untaring the .ova file also complains about the file ending abruptly

xyz-mbp15:HDP xxxxx$ tar -xvf Hortonworks\ Sandbox\ 2.0\ Beta\ VirtualBox.ova
    x Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox.ovf
    x Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk: Truncated tar archive
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

At the very least you should publish the MD5 checksums so we can verify if the downloads are correct.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Padma,

I don’t know if it’s supported on Windows 8, but there is a MSI for Virtual Box:

https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

Regards

Dave

Collapse

Padma Ch
    Participant

I wanted to install HDP 2.0 beta on Windows 8. From the Downloads, i could see Hadoop 2.0 Beta on Virtual box and Hyper-v. which virtual box or vmware is supported on Windows 8 ?

Collapse

Dave

Hi Hunk,

Can you download the HDP 2.0 beta sandbox again?
    The MD5 on my VirtualBox.ova for Sandbox 2.0 Beta is eaa01c1f6ba75ce8dbb3c579460dcdc2

I would expect that it was corrupted on download – I would advise to use a download manager if you have a slow connection.
    Also some AV programs can corrupt on download too.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)