HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HDP 2 on VirtualBox corrupt

I’m running into the following issue when trying HDP 2.0 on VitrualBox on MacOSX.

Failed to import appliance /Users/xxxxxDownloads/HDP/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox.ova.

Could not create the clone medium ‘/Users/xxxxx/VirtualBox VMs/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’.

VMDK: Compressed image is corrupted ‘/Users/xxxxxx/Downloads/HDP/Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk’ (VERR_ZIP_CORRUPTED).

Result Code: VBOX_E_FILE_ERROR (0x80BB0004)
    Component: Appliance
    Interface: IAppliance {3059cf9e-25c7-4f0b-9fa5-3c42e441670b}

untaring the .ova file also complains about the file ending abruptly

xyz-mbp15:HDP xxxxx$ tar -xvf Hortonworks\ Sandbox\ 2.0\ Beta\ VirtualBox.ova
    x Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox.ovf
    x Hortonworks Sandbox 2.0 Beta VirtualBox-disk1.vmdk: Truncated tar archive
    tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors.

At the very least you should publish the MD5 checksums so we can verify if the downloads are correct.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author

Hi Hunk,

Can you download the HDP 2.0 beta sandbox again?
    The MD5 on my VirtualBox.ova for Sandbox 2.0 Beta is eaa01c1f6ba75ce8dbb3c579460dcdc2

I would expect that it was corrupted on download – I would advise to use a download manager if you have a slow connection.
    Also some AV programs can corrupt on download too.

Padma Ch

I wanted to install HDP 2.0 beta on Windows 8. From the Downloads, i could see Hadoop 2.0 Beta on Virtual box and Hyper-v. which virtual box or vmware is supported on Windows 8 ?

Hi Padma,

I don’t know if it’s supported on Windows 8, but there is a MSI for Virtual Box:

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.