Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox HDP 2 with Sandbox Hyper-V image

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Fernando Pérez 7 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hemant Das

Is HDP 2 with Sandbox – Hyper-V Zip Working. I downloaded 3 times and still the unzip is reporting corruption. Did anyone faced this issue.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Fernando Pérez
    Participant

I have tried to download this one with Firefox and Chrome, no luck with both of them.

Any idea how could I use it ?

Collapse

I was using firefox. would that cause the problem?

Collapse

Dave

Hi Adam,

What browser are you using to download the image?
    I have seen some browsers finish the file at 2GB which causes the corruption

I will download it myself and let you know.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Folks – This corruption issue is still occurring. I have downloaded 4 times today and the exp file extension is still preventing HyperV from working. Appears to be some chronic corruption problem. Please review and update the files with a good set.

Collapse

David Turnbull
    Participant

Please ignore my previous post.
    I downloaded a second time, and was able to load without problem. The downloaded file size was the same, but presumably there was some form of corruption, or else I did something different during the extract. I also was previously unaware that the .exp file type is to be expected.

Collapse

David Turnbull
    Participant

I downloaded Sandbox 2.0 for Hyper-V (Nov 19). When trying to import the virtual machine, after selecting the folder, I received the error message “Hyper-V did not find virtual machines to import from location…”. I tried different sub folders with no luck, then noticed that within the Virtual Machines folder that the file was of type .exp rather than .xml. I tried copying the file contents to a .xml file, but still no luck.

I was able to install Sandbox 1.3 on Hyper-V back in June without this problem (which is why I noticed the .exp file type difference).

Can someone suggest a way around this, or is it a problem with the download package?

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi,

Yes, the file was corrupt. I am sorry for that. The files have been updated. Please download again and let us know if we have satisfactorily fixed the issue.

Cheryle

Collapse

Hemant Das

Issue is still there with HDP 2 on Hyper-V – The zip file upload is Corrupted – Needs to be looked by Hortonworks.

We are unable to use it.

Collapse

I have experienced the same issues – has anyone else had luck?

Thanks,

John

Collapse
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)