Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP for Windows should still be considered BETA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rohit Bakhshi 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Had a tough time installing Hadoop and getting the all SmokeTests to pass.
    I’m running Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

Here’s what caused issues for me:

1)Flume service couldn’t start because it was looking for flumeagent.xml, but the file that comes with the distribution is flumeservice.xml. I changed the filename from flumeservice.xml to flumeagent.xml and the service started flawlessly afterwards.

Is this a problem with all Windows HDP 1.3 installations? If so, can someone at Hortonworks rename the file and update the packages.

2)I was getting Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException errors when running the SmokeTests and most of the tests FAILED. Turns out the Windows install didn’t format my namenode. Once I started Hadoop Admin Shell cmd script in the \bin folder and formatted the namenode, all smoke tests passed. Shouldn’t there be some kind of check after the HDP installation to make sure namenode is formatted? Or at least a warning in the smoke test script that says namenode isn’t formatted.

Thank you.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Rohit Bakhshi

Hi Ricardo,

I am sorry you had issues with the install. Thank you for the feedback.

If you use the Destroy_data = no during install, the HDP installer will not automatically format the NameNode metadata. This allows for the HDP installer to maintain prior existing data. We’ll make sure it is mentioned in tour documentation so that it’s clear what the behavior will be on using Destroy_data = no.

The installed Flume service is not enabled by default upon an HDP installation on a Windows Server node. It needs to be configured and then enabled. We’ll clarify the documentation to call out these enablement steps.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)