Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP for Windows:

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    I’m following the document HDP for Windows to install HDP. Can you please let me know what is “Configure HDP Installer” step? Means there are some values like: NAMENODE_MASTER.acme.com, SECONDARY_NAMENODE_MASTER.acme.com etc…what are these values?

Kindly waiting for your response.

Thanks,
    Santosh

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Bryan,

Are you giving the absolute path to the cluster properties file? There is an issue with relative paths in the installer.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Bryan Nice

I am having issues installing too. I would be great if there is a straight forward set of instructions or an example on how to setup the server. spending hours trying to get a sandbox set up does not seem to invite a positive experience.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Santosh,

Can you please check if hadoop services actually got installed? The issue might be that installer does not know how to locate property file and installation fails. Can you please check to make sure that you specifying correct location of property file in your installation command?

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Also, in the log file I’m getting the error code -2147287038 and No cluster properties found, make sure the file \cluster.properties exists and contains the current cluster layout.

Pls do let me know if you know the solution.

Thanks,
    Santosh

Collapse

Hello Evan/Seth,

Thank you very much for your much needed support.
    I was able to successfully install. (no errors after running msiexec command given in document). But when I ran start_remote_hdp_services.cmd, I’m getting error message like:
    . ..\scripts\cluster.properties does not exist. (cluster.properties not there even after installation )

And if I try to run the start-onebox.cmd, I’m getting error message like:
    HADOOP_HOME, HIVE_HOME and TEMPLETON_HOME not defined.

Can you please let me know the solution for the above mentioned problems.

KIndly waiting for your response.

Thanks,
    Santosh

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Santosh and Evan,

Evan’s explanation makes sense.

Santosh, please let us know if you have any outstanding questions.

Thanks
    Seth

Collapse

Evan Cutler

Hi Santosh,

If you go here: http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-Win-1.1/bk_installing_hdp_for_windows/content/win-install-chap2-2.html

It explains that the msi file requires a configuration document to install on the server. Think of it as a list of values to make your installation headless instead of using like a wizard.

if you are installing a single-node configuration, then all of the host values are of that node. Find out the FQDN of your machine and insert that into the file. Otherwise, and someone please correct me if I’m wrong, if you are deploying across a grid, you use the configuration file to declare where everything will be installed at for each node you install the software on.

Hope that helps.

Collapse
Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)