HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HDP install on CentOs – single node does not progress

Sumod Pawgi

I am trying to install HDP on CentOS. The details of my attempt at listed at – http://spawgi.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/installing-hdp-on-centos/

I have followed all the instruction on Hortonworks download instructions page and I have not got any errors. But at the step of adding nodes to the cluster, all I see is the green circle as progress indicator. But even after a long time, there is no progress.

I am logged into the system as “sumod” and that is how I start the browser. But I have tried to start the browser as “root” as well with the same issue. I have only one node in my setup. It is VirtulaBox VM image. Its name is localhost.localdomain. I have tried using both localhost and localhost.localdomain. But still the same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really want to get this resolved. Thanks in advance.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Sasha J

Please, follow procedures described in this post:
    We need to know more about your setup in order to help you…
    Thank you!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.