The Hortonworks Community Connection is now live. A completely rebuilt Q&A forum, Knowledge Base, Code Hub and more, backed by the experts in the industry.

You will be redirected here in 10 seconds. If your are not redirected, click here to visit the new site.

The legacy Hortonworks Forum is now closed. You can view a read-only version of the former site by clicking here. The site will be taken offline on January 31,2016

HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HDP installation error

Sorna Lingam

Hi while installing HDP im getting the error like the below

MSI (s) (7C:24) [20:33:43:411]: Invoking remote custom action. DLL: C:WindowsInstallerMSI642D.tmp, Entrypoint: CAQuietExec
    MSI (s) (7C:74) [20:33:43:412]: Generating random cookie.
    MSI (s) (7C:74) [20:33:43:416]: Created Custom Action Server with PID 9080 (0x2378).
    MSI (s) (7C:C8) [20:33:44:075]: Running as a service.
    MSI (s) (7C:40) [20:33:44:076]: Hello, I’m your 32bit Impersonated custom action server.
    CAQuietExec: Checking JAVA_HOME is set correctly…
    CAQuietExec: Files was unexpected at this time.
    CAQuietExec: Error 0x800700ff: Command line returned an error.
    CAQuietExec: Error 0x800700ff: CAQuietExec Failed

Can any one help me soon

• Author
    Replies
    Dave

Hi Sorna,

How are you running the msi – is it as administrator and from the command line?

Thanks

Dave

Sorna Lingam

Hi Dave

Yes ,using cmd + admin mode im running it

Thanks
    sorna

Sorna Lingam

Hi Dave,

And i have refereed this http://hortonworks.com/blog/installing-hadoop-on-windows/

Looking for your help

Thanks,

Sorna

Sorna Lingam

Update

Hi I have resolved the above problem but how im getting this error

CAQuietExec: WINPKG: E:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1
    CAQuietExec: Write-Log : WINPKG FAILURE: HDP: Reading HDP layout from E:\hdp\hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\
    CAQuietExec: hdp-1.3.0.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains driv
    CAQuietExec: e identifier, checking skipped WARNING: Target path doesn’t contains drive iden
    CAQuietExec: tifier, checking skipped Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Error resolving IPAddress for
    CAQuietExec: host ‘DB_myHostName’ At E:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-1.3.0.0-winpk
    CAQuietExec: g\scripts\install.ps1:

plz help me

Dave

Hi Sorna,

Can you attach the Windows install logs here?
    You should have some log files created for the installation.

Thanks

Dave

Sorna Lingam

Hi Dave

I have resolved my problem
    Thanks for the reply

But when i run MR program im getting ” stream command failed error “\
    Can you plz kindly help me to resolve this

Thanks
    Sornalingam

Dave

Hi Sornalingam,

Can you create a new thread for this issue in the windows forum as this one is resolved?

Thanks

Dave

The topic ‘HDP installation error’ is closed to new replies.

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.