Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP installation failed

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Robert 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I am getting following error on Install, Start and Test step

stdout:
    notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    notice: Finished catalog run in 0.03 seconds
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $conf_dir at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/init.pp:108 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/init.pp:221 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/service.pp:76 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $service_state at /var/lib/ambari-agent/puppet/modules/hdp-hadoop/manifests/service.pp:85 is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $configuration is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $mapred-site is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $tasktracker_port is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_url is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_driver is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_username is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    warning: Dynamic lookup of $ambari_db_rca_password is deprecated. Support will be removed in Puppet 2.8. Use a fully-qualified variable name (e.g., $classname::variable) or parameterized classes.
    notice: /Stage[1]/Hdp::Snappy::Package/Hdp::Snappy::Package::Ln[32]/Hdp::Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/Exec[hdp::snappy::package::ln 32]/returns: executed successfully

err: /Stage[1]/Hdp/Hdp::Package[glibc]/Hdp::Package::Process_pkg[glibc]/Package[glibc.i686]/ensure: change from absent to present failed: Execution of ‘/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install glibc.i686′ returned 1: Error: Nothing to do

Is this because of proxy settings?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    glibc is package that comes from the OS updates repo I believe. That package requires a glibc common package as well. Can you verify which packages are required for glibc by executing the following:

repoquery –requires glibc

then you should get an output of glibc common package needed and thus you can execute a yum info on that package and verify if it is available or installed. If not available, then maybe then the OS repo might be incorrect.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    Also what is the OS you are installing this on?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Member,
    What version are you installing? It looks like the error is regarding the yum install of glibc.i686 package. If you do a yum info glibc.i686, what’s the output? does it show installed? If so, you may want to try the installer again.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)