Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP installation messed up my existing programs

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Yan Breek 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Yan Breek

I tried to install HDP on my laptop (Windows 7, 64). Ran into some configuration issues and decided to uninstall HDP.

After I uninstalled HDP some of my existing programs stopped working (specifically, Lotus Notes). I then tried to reinstal Lotus Notes into a new directory but the installation did not work either, producing an error message long the lines of ‘do not have permission to copy file XYZ’. It appears that HDP changed access permission on my file system producing this error (unless I’m missing something).

Please help. I need to make my existing programs to work again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Yan Breek

I will try to use Windows restore points, thank you.

I did try to uninstall the other program (Lotus Notes) and then install it again. That did not work because after I uninstalled Lotus Notes the installation program still refused to run, complaining that it does not have permissions to copy installation files. I believe HDP changed system permission settings and did not restore them back to previous state as it should have done.

Collapse

tedr

Hi Yan,

Did you have a restore point set from before the attempt at HDP installation? By the way, Windows 7 is not a supported Windows version for HDP on Windows, the supported versions are Windows server 2008 or server 2012. Another thing to try if you don’t have a restore point is to uninstall the other programs and then reinstall them.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)