Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP Installer

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Rajan Ananthan
    Participant

I am using the gsInstaller to deploy a single node cluster on a Cent OS 6.3 Virtual Machine using VMWare Player.

On Step 7 of the tutorial, I receive the following error/failures when running the gsInstaller.sh script as per the log file:

==============================================================================
    Starting All Hadoop Services
    CMD -> su – hdfs -c ‘yes Y | hadoop –config /etc/hadoop/conf namenode -format’;
    In nodes: localhost
    CMD -> su – hdfs -c ‘/usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop-daemon.sh –config /etc/hadoop/conf start namenode ‘
    In nodes: localhost
    localhost: starting namenode, logging to /var/lib/hadoop/log/hdfs/hadoop-hdfs-namenode-localhost.localdomain.out
    localhost: /usr/lib/hadoop/libexec/../bin/hadoop: line 320: /usr/hadoop-jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java: Permission denied

Waiting 600 seconds for namenode to come out of safe mode
    on localhost
    on localhost running ssh -o ConnectTimeOut=3 -q -t root@localhost “su – hdfs -c ‘ hadoop –config /etc/hadoop/conf dfsadmin -safemode get’”
    Output from gwhost safe mode command: /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 320: /usr/hadoop-jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java: Permission denied

/usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 390: /usr/hadoop-jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java: Permission denied
    /usr/lib/hadoop/bin/hadoop: line 390: exec: /usr/hadoop-jdk1.6.0_31/bin/java: cannot execute: Permission denied

**There are several attempts to connect but they all fail.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘HDP Installer’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Based on the error message, your JDK is not functioning.
    And what do you mean by ” Less is hidden behind the UI” and who told you such things?

Collapse

Rajan Ananthan
    Participant

Yes, I have the JDK installed. Less is hidden behind the UI and I was told it is convenient for a single cluster install.

Collapse

Sasha J

Do you have JDK installed on your system?
    Why you use gsInstaller?
    HMC is a way to go, please, use it instead.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)