Facing problem in installing hadoop 2.0 on Windows 2008 server R2. I followed the steps and prerequisites for installation. in one of the sites posted by Hortonworks. http://hortonworks.com/blog/install-hadoop-windows-hortonworks-data-platform-2-0/
I followed all the steps mentioned in the site.
1. First i installed Python 2.7 for windows X86
2. Installed Java JDK 1.6
3. Ran the script in powershell msiexec /i “hdp-126.96.36.199.winpkg.msi”
4. Opened the HDP Wizrad and did configuration. And Clicked Install Button
5. Wizard got closed and installation progress dialog box was displayed.
6. But some point of time it showed an error message
Failed to install. Please find the log file for more information. I checked it out the log folder it did not contain any thing. Can any one please help me out on this issue.
DB Flavor – MSSQL