Home Forums HDFS HDP UI

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

zuhair attya

is here a User Interface other than the ambari page.. to manage HDP, example creating Pig scripts, managing jobs… and other things.
    I have managed to run the SandBox as well, however the real-life production one is not similar.. I searched the net for an option of UI and found this http://cloudera.github.com/hue/

any other suggestions.. please help,

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HDP UI’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Ramirez,

Robert was not saying that Hue didn’t have a UI for Pig. This UI has been there since we started including Hue in the Sandbox. What was said in this thread is that Hue is not currently included in the HDP stack.

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
    Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Zuhair,
    There are some requests to put hue with the HDP stack. Thus, continue to visit the website for any new information regarding this in the future. In addition, other than and IDE for pig scripts, what is currently limiting for you on the ambari side? It would be great to hear your feedback.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Robert
    Participant

Hi Zuhair,
    At the moment, the HDP stack for the linux platform does not currently have a GUI for creating pig scripts. On the other hand, Microsoft HDInsight which is powered by Hortonworks, may have such a feature. Let me look to run some things on my end and will post back after some testing.

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)