Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation hdp2.1 fails to install onWindows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit)

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Geoffrey Malafsky 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Harish Bansal
    Participant

Hdp 2.1 installation on windows proceeds well till Falcon. It Fails while setting up Falcon with following errors and then rollsback all installation.
    falcon: Creating service config c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon.xml
    falcon: python c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon_start.py –service > “c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon.xml”
    falcon-CMD FAILURE: Traceback (most recent call last):
    falcon-CMD FAILURE: File “c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon_start.py”, line 17, in <module> import falcon_config as fc File “c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon_config.py”, line 143
    print ‘Could not find installed hadoop and HADOOP_HOME is not set.’ ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax
    falcon: Command “Traceback (most recent call last):
    File “c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon_start.py”, line 17, in <module> import falcon_config as fc File “c:\hdp\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621\bin\falcon_config.py”, line 143
    print ‘Could not find installed hadoop and HADOOP_HOME is not set.’ ^
    SyntaxError: invalid syntax ” failed with exit code 1

At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\resources\winpkg.ps1:131 char:8
    + throw <<<< $out

WINPKG: rd /s /q D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\resources\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621.winpkg

WINPKG FAILURE: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\resources\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621.winpkg\scripts\install.ps1 -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** failed.
    HDP FAILURE: Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute: D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\resources\winpkg.ps1 “D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\resources\falcon-0.5.0.2.1.1.0-1621.winpkg.zip” install -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** -Verbose

At D:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.1.1.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:25 char:14
    + throw <<<< “Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute: $command”
    HDP: Starting rollback

This error is while installing
    Hdp2.1 on Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) as single node cluster
    with additional components.
    Use Tez in Hive is selected.
    Derby is selected for hive database

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Geoffrey Malafsky
    Participant

I had this problem with Python 3.4 installed. Changed to v 2.7.6 and installation finished. I installed on a single node but used Multi-node install as I discovered previously the single node would not work. I did not install Phoenix nor enable LZO (documentation says it is not supported) and HA.

Collapse

Franziska Weng
    Participant

Hi Ivan,

I downloaded the new winpkg.msi, met the new software requirements and tried to install hdp2.1.1.. but again the Installation wasn’t successfull. I uploaded the hdplog.txt http://pastebin.com/9bf0G2WK and the install.log.txt http://pastebin.com/RvUXy9Ey .

What can I do to install hdp2.1.1 sucessfully?

Thank you.

Collapse

Ivan Malamen

Hi!

Msi package seems to be broken. Please download it one more time and start fresh installation.

Collapse

Franziska Weng
    Participant

Hi Ivan,

I uploaded the hdplog.txt and the hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.txt to PasteBin.com. Here is the link: http://pastebin.com/c1571WPd

Thank you.

Collapse

Ivan Malamen

Hi Franziska!

Could you pls share full instalaltion log via PasteBin.com or smth like this. It’s hard to dtermine problem from part of log file.
    Thanx

Collapse

Franziska Weng
    Participant

I now used X$3831~wdEbD7]@ as password, but in the log I got the same results as yesterday. I received the same error message as yesterday.

HDP FAILURE: Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute
    CAQuietExec: : C:\HadoopInstallFiles \HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\winpkg.ps1

I’m not sure, but might this error be additionally caused by the blank in the filepath (C:\HadoopInstallFiles \HadoopPackages) ?

hdplog.txt:

CAQuietExec: pe HDP: Invoke-Winpkg: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\
    CAQuietExec: resources\winpkg.ps1 “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\r
    CAQuietExec: esources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg.zip” install -username hadoop -passwo
    CAQuietExec: rdBase64 **** -Verbose Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute
    CAQuietExec: : C:\HadoopInstallFiles \HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\winpkg.ps1
    CAQuietExec: “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\
    CAQuietExec: HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg.zi
    CAQuietExec: p” install -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** -Verbose
    CAQuietExec: At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1
    CAQuietExec: :
    CAQuietExec: 567 char:11
    CAQuietExec: + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message “Failure” $_
    CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) , WriteErrorExcep

Collapse

Ivan Malamen

Seems you are providing a weak password. Please check it.

Collapse

Franziska Weng
    Participant

I also use Windows Server 2008 R2 (64-bit) – it is a test version on a Hyper-V Machine.
    I try to install a single node.
    I use this command to start the Installation with Administrator privileges in PowerShell: msiexec /lv c:\hdplog.txt /i c:\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.msi HDP_USER_PASSWORD=[...] HDP_LAYOUT=c:\hdp_layout.txt HDP_DIR=c:\hdp DESTROY_DATA=yes HDP=yes KNOX=no FALCON=no STORM=no
    I deactivated IPv6 and I allowed the SYSTEM to Create symbolic links (in the local policy Settings).
    Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Python27
    JAVA_HOME=C:\Java

Can you please tell me, what I can do to install hdp2.0.6.0 sucessfully? Thanks you.

The log has too many characters to copy it here…:

hdplog.txt:
    … HDP: Invoke-Winpkg: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\
    CAQuietExec: resources\winpkg.ps1 “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\r
    CAQuietExec: esources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg.zip” install -username hadoop -passwo
    CAQuietExec: rdBase64 **** -Verbose Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute
    CAQuietExec: “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\
    CAQuietExec: HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg.zi
    CAQuietExec: p” install -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** -Verbose
    CAQuietExec: At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1
    CAQuietExec: :
    CAQuietExec: 567 char:11
    CAQuietExec: + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message “Failure” $_
    CAQuietExec: + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) , WriteErrorExcep
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: tion
    CAQuietExec: + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: n,Write-Log
    CAQuietExec:
    CAQuietExec: HDP: Starting rollback HDP: C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-w
    CAQuietExec: inpkg\scripts\uninstall.ps1…

hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.install.txt:
    …install -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** -Verbose Write-Log : HDP FAILURE: Invoke-Winpkg Failed to execute: C:\HadoopInstallFiles \HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\winpkg.ps1 “C:\HadoopInstallFiles\
    HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg.zi
    p” install -username hadoop -passwordBase64 **** -Verbose
    At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:
    567 char:11
    + Write-Log <<<< $_.Exception.Message “Failure” $_
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorExcep
    tion
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorExceptio
    n,Write-Log…

Collapse

Ivan Malamen

Please run the next command:
    msiexec /i “C:\DM\hdp-2.0.6-GA\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.msi” /l* install.log
    and post installation log here

Collapse

Prachi Mishra
    Participant

I have tried installing both HDP 2.0.6 and HDP 1.3. In both the cases log file is not generating and it simply says installation failed .
    Fow HDP 2.0.6 I have tried with all combination like
    “PS > msiexec /i “C:\DM\hdp-2.0.6-GA\hdp-2.0.6.0.winpkg.msi” It shows the setting screen where I enter all details correctly.After sometime It simply show installation failed error.
    Please help…

Collapse

Ivan Malamen

HI!

This happens due incorrect version of Python. Python version 2.7.x ONLY should be used.

Collapse

John Taylor
    Participant

Beat me to it – the other solution is in the HDP config screen, after selecting Additional Services – clear the Falcon text box.

Thanks.

Collapse

Harish Bansal
    Participant

Hi John,
    I am able to install hdp2.1.1 on windows by avoiding Falcon with following command:

msiexec /i “c:\hdp-2.1.1.0-GA\hdp-2.1.1.0.winpkg.msi” /lv “c:\hdp-2.1.1.0-GA\hdp-211Install.log” HDP_USER_PASSWORD=”eclerx#123″ HDP_LAYOUT=”c:\hdp-2.1.1.0-GA\clusterproperties.txt” HDP_DIR=”c:\hdp” DESTROY_DATA=yes HDP=yes KNOX=yes FALCON=no STORM=yes

But after installing all services are not starting.

Collapse

John Taylor
    Participant

I have exactly the same error
    – config is Windows Server 2012

Collapse

Harish Bansal
    Participant

I tried to install hdp2.1.1 again as multinode cluster and still providing host information of local machine only as suggested in one of the posts.
    But no success and same above error as before.
    Verified all variables like Hadoop_home and these exist properly in windows environment.

hdp 1.3 and hdp2.0 installed well on same machine but hdp 2.1 is a trouble till now.

Collapse
Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)