we are using old version of Hadoop 0.21 and want to upgrade to HDP2 production release in a future. I red documentation Hortonworks.ClusterConfigGuide.1.0 but I’m still not sure what will be best layout of Hadoop services for our small Hadoop cluster.
We have 1x VM master node and 6x HW slave nodes. The master node is running namenode, secondarynamenode and jobtracker now. Each slave node is running datanode and tasktracker.
My question is how to deploy basic Hadoop services over 6x HW machines acting as slaves and 1x or 2x VM for masters? Could it be like that?
1. VM: name node
2. VM: secondarynamenode, jobtracker
3. HW: datanode, tasktracker
4. HW: datanode, tasktracker
5. HW: datanode, tasktracker
6. HW: datanode, tasktracker
7. HW: datanode, tasktracker
8. HW: datanode, tasktracker
I will really appreciate your help for redesigning concept for new HDP2 platform.