Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HDP2 Design of Masters/Slaves

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 11 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi,

we are using old version of Hadoop 0.21 and want to upgrade to HDP2 production release in a future. I red documentation Hortonworks.ClusterConfigGuide.1.0 but I’m still not sure what will be best layout of Hadoop services for our small Hadoop cluster.

We have 1x VM master node and 6x HW slave nodes. The master node is running namenode, secondarynamenode and jobtracker now. Each slave node is running datanode and tasktracker.

My question is how to deploy basic Hadoop services over 6x HW machines acting as slaves and 1x or 2x VM for masters? Could it be like that?

1. VM: name node
    2. VM: secondarynamenode, jobtracker
    3. HW: datanode, tasktracker
    4. HW: datanode, tasktracker
    5. HW: datanode, tasktracker
    6. HW: datanode, tasktracker
    7. HW: datanode, tasktracker
    8. HW: datanode, tasktracker

I will really appreciate your help for redesigning concept for new HDP2 platform.

Regards,

Pavel

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Kait,

What are you looking to achieve? You can potentially distribute the services how you wish.
    You would be best to read the documentation available and plan your HDP install dependent on the architecture you want to achieve.

As you say you have an 6 Physical machines and an “unlimited” number of Virtual Machines, I dont fully understand your question.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Pavel Hladik
    Participant

Hi, thanks for reply, but it doesn’t answer my concrete question how to distribute basic hadoop services over six HW machines and unlimited number of virtual machines?

Collapse

Koelli Mungee

Hi Pavel,

Please take a look at our documentation on this here:

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.0.5.0/bk_getting-started-guide/content/hdp2_getting_started_chap3_1.html

It shows a layout of the master nodes (HDFS NameNode, Secondary NameNode, YARN ResourceManagers) and slave nodes for a typical hadoop cluster.

Regards,
    Koelli

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)