Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HDP2 Windows Add User to Hadoop

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Carroll 7 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Matt Workman
    Participant

Hi,

I am installing HDP 2.0 for Windows as my first attempt at a Hadoop stand alone environment! I have successfully gone through the install, and I am now running the Smoke Test command file.

The smoke test is running under my username “mworkman” and is failing because Hadoop is expecting the user “hadoop” :) So, my question is how do I add my username as a valid user in the Hadoop eco system?

From the log files I can see these commands start:

hadoop-namenode.log

2014-01-27 09:32:00,261 WARN org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: No groups available for user mworkman
    2014-01-27 09:32:00,294 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange: BLOCK* allocateBlock: /user/mworkman/hadoop-139081511681791._COPYING_. BP-265433645-10.192.100.185-1390429513502 blk_1073741845_1021{blockUCState=UNDER_CONSTRUCTION, primaryNodeIndex=-1, replicas=[ReplicaUnderConstruction[10.192.100.185:50010|RBW]]}

2014-01-27 09:32:12,925 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:mworkman (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=mworkman, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—
    2014-01-27 09:32:12,925 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server handler 34 on 8020, call org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.ClientProtocol.getFileInfo from 10.192.100.185:57860 Call#5 Retry#0: error: org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=mworkman, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—
    2014-01-27 09:32:13,323 INFO org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server: IPC Server listener on 8020: readAndProcess from client 10.192.100.185 threw exception [java 1="An" 2="existing" 3="connection" 4="was" 5="forcibly" 6="closed" 7="by" 8="the" 9="remote" 10="host" language=".io.IOException:"][/java]
    java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(SocketDispatcher.java:43)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(IOUtil.java:223)
    at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(IOUtil.java:197)
    at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(SocketChannelImpl.java:379)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server.channelRead(Server.java:2602)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server.access$3200(Server.java:122)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Connection.readAndProcess(Server.java:1505)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Listener.doRead(Server.java:792)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Listener$Reader.doRunLoop(Server.java:591)
    at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Listener$Reader.run(Server.java:566)

If you could help point me in the right direction to add another user to have access to my hadoop system I would appreciate it!!

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Bill Carroll
    Participant

I think I hit a similar problem as this exception which was answered in http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/how-to-set-execute-permissions-on-windows/

2014-01-27 09:32:12,925 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation: PriviledgedActionException as:mworkman (auth:SIMPLE) cause:org.apache.hadoop.security.AccessControlException: Permission denied: user=mworkman, access=EXECUTE, inode=”/mapred”:hadoop:hdfs:drwxrwx—

I created a hdfs local group and added the hadoop user and my account or mworkman. After this I could run mapreduce job successfully.
    HTH
    Bill

Collapse

Hkils2001 Hkils2001
    Participant

Thanks the syntax:
    hadoop fs -chmod -R 755 /mapred
    if this one not worked and you are in testing, try:
    hadoop fs -chmod -R 777 /

All permission problems are gone and fixed my question on these days. It also points out that it is the HDFS permission problem.

Collapse

Matt Workman
    Participant

Thank you all for your comments!! I was able to get most of the Smoke Test working and I applied the suggestions in the order listed below:

Seth, I removed all the read-only attriubutes on the folders “C:\hdp” and “C:\Hadoop” where my installation resides. Is this what you were refering too?

erwee, I added myself to the Hadoop User windows group. This did not help me get past the current failure, but I think it is the correct thing to do.

Toby, your suggestion got the Smoke Test working. I still need to figure out what is wrong with my permissions, but at least I can get the Smoke Test working and move on from here. I don’t have a file named “hdfs.xml”, or at least I didn’t find it when searching for it, but I do have the file “hdfs-site.xml” with the xml node you listed. I have set that to false.

<name>dfs.permissions.enabled</name>
    <value>false</value>

My final error is a HIVE smoke test error, but I think that is a different issue than we have here in this thread. The error is below for reference.

Thanks for your help!!

Matt

Connecting to jdbc:hive2://LEWBSG10:10001/?hive.server2.servermode=http
    SLF4J: Class path contains multiple SLF4J bindings.
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/hdp/hadoop-2.2.0.2.0.6.0-0009/share/hadoop/common/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: Found binding in [jar:file:/C:/hdp/hive-0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009/lib/slf4j-log4j12-1.7.5.jar!/org/slf4j/impl/StaticLoggerBinder.class]
    SLF4J: See http://www.slf4j.org/codes.html#multiple_bindings for an explanation.
    SLF4J: Actual binding is of type [org.slf4j.impl.Log4jLoggerFactory]
    Connected to: Hive (version 0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009)
    Driver: Hive (version 0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009)
    Transaction isolation: TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ
    Error: Error while processing statement: Authorization failed:java.security.AccessControlException: action WRITE not permitted on path hdfs://LEWBSG10:8020/hive/warehouse for user
    hadoop. Use show grant to get more details. (state=,code=403)
    Beeline version 0.12.0.2.0.6.0-0009 by Apache Hive
    Closing: org.apache.hive.jdbc.HiveConnection

Matt

Collapse

Toby Evans
    Participant

Hi Matt,

I had this same problem, and it’s really frustrating. I’ve kicked the can down the road by switching off permission checking in hdfs.xml

<name>dfs.permissions.enabled</name>
    <value>false</value>

remember to restart the server for the changes to take effect

you probably want to fix this in a production environment :-)

Collapse

Dean nicholson
    Participant

I have HDP2 set up as a VM and when I log on as myself directly on the server I get the same error. I am in the Hadoop_users group. When I run the smoketests through remote desktop, logging in as hadoop I get the error on several directories also.

Also is there any way to turn off the depreciation messages when you run the smoke tests?

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Can you please try setting permissions to 755 on /mapred in HDFS? You can execute following command as user hadoop:

#hadoop fs -chmod -R 755 /mapred

Please let me know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
    Collapse

erwee
    Participant

Hi Matt. When Hadoop installs , it creates a “Hadoop Users” Windows group (at least it did on my install) . Have you tried going into computer manager win windows and adding “mworkman” to the “Hadoop users” group ?

Collapse
Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)