Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation Hdp20 install fails with no logs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Alex Meincheim 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dean nicholson
    Participant

using the msi to install a single node cluster on Win2012. I have installed all prereq, set powershell settings, opened up all ports, installed jave 7 update 25. I am trying to use SQL server on another server(VM).
    I am installing this on a VM on my laptop. Vm has 2 procs and 2 GB RAM, 2 disks C: and D:. I am trying to install HDP20 on D:
    It creates the folder C:\HadoopInstallFiles but I can find no other changes to the file system. There are no log files created nor events in the event logs.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Alex Meincheim
    Participant

Hi,

I’m having the same problem.

Anyone found a solution?

Best Regards

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Thanks for letting us know that issue is resolved.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Dean nicholson
    Participant

Yes that was it. Did not realize jre and jdk installed separately.Clicked next too fast. Changed the jdk to C:\java, fixed JAVA_HOME and installation completed.

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Can you verify that you JAVA_HOME is pointing to JDK folder. For example:

C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_51>set|findstr JAVA
    JAVA_HOME=C:\Java\jdk1.7.0_51

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Dean nicholson
    Participant

I got past the initial error by setting JAVA_HOME.

Eventually it shows it can not execute this file and starts a rollback. ‘C:\Java\jre7\bin\jar.exe’
    I checked the directory and I can not see the jar.exe.
    Did I install the wrong Java?
    jdk-7u25-windows-x64.exe

Error log details follow.

[SC] ChangeServiceConfig SUCCESS
    OOZIE: sc sdshow oozieservice

D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: Current SD: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: Modifying SD to: D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    OOZIE: sc sdset oozieservice D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;IU)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;SU)(A;;RPWPCR;;;AU)S:(AU;FA;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;WD)
    [SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS
    OOZIE: Configuring service config d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml
    OOZIE: Updating file d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml to point to executable d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozied.cmd
    OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars
    OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file
    OOZIE FAILURE: Unable to execute ‘jar xvf’. Error (1)
    At D:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozie-setup.ps1:129 char:9
    + throw “Unable to execute ‘jar xvf’. Error ($LASTEXITCODE)”
    +
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WINPKG FAILURE: OOZIE: Logging to existing log C:
    ….
    deleted log lines to save space
    ….
    SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS [SC] SetServiceObjectSecurity SUCCESS OOZIE: Configuring service config d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml OOZIE: Updating file d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\Service\oozieservice.xml to point to executable d:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\bin\oozied.cmd OOZIE: Copy Oozie additional Jars OOZIE: Calling Setup script to add Hadoop libs to the generated oozie.war file Creating OOZIE_TEMP directory ‘D:\hdp\oozie-4.0.0.2.0.6.0-0009\oozie-win-distro\temp’ ‘C:\Java\jre7\bin\jar.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    Write-Log : OOZIE FAILURE: Unable to execute ‘jar xvf’. Error (1)

At C:\HadoopInstallFiles\HadoopPackages\hdp-2.0.6.0-winpkg\resources\oozie-4.0.
    0.2.0.6.0-0009.winpkg\scripts\install.ps1:131 char:2
    + Write-Log $_.Exception.Message “Failure” $_

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Dean,

Can you please launch the installer by issuing the msiexec command and specifying the log file location. See example below:
    msiexec /lv c:\hdplog.txt /i “msilocation”

This should generate the log, and you should be able to see what went wrong.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)