Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Hdp::Directory_recursive_create_ignore_failure

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kenny Zhang 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,
    I get the following error in the “Install, Start and Test” step of Ambari, while installing on a real 11 node cluster. I tried installing on a single node Virtual Machine and this error did not happen.

The following error happens while Ambari is proceeding with datanode installation

stderr:
    none
    No title provided and “Hdp::Directory_recursive_create_ignore_failure[]” is not a valid resource reference

stdout:
    notice: /Stage[main]/Hdp-repos::Process_repo/File[HDP]/ensure: defined content as ‘{md5}ab4f541d93d3952351bcb133aa99c81e’
    notice: Finished catalog run in 0.05 seconds
    None

The VM and the real cluster are running fresh installations of CentOS 6.4. The version of Ambari is 1.4.1.61 and I got the same error whether I am using a local repository or not.

Please let me know if you have got some ideas.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kenny Zhang

Hi Austin,

Could you please paste the error from ambari-agent log in the datanode?
    It usually locates at /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Dharanikumar Bodla
    Participant

hi all,
    installation of ambari-server and ambari-agent as went fine on centos 6.4.after login ,created a cluster name and added a host localhost .localdomain and iam able to add the host,once the host is added ,selected the services to install,all the services went fine except the nagios service.but the next day when i login ,the server page got stuck and the web page is reloding at the install wizard.
    so,please can anyone suggest me.how to unistall the ambari-server and which database should i us postgresql or oracle jdbc.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)