Home Forums Oozie HELP —> ERROR: Stop oozie first

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi everybody.

I am installing Hortonworks Data Platform 1.3 manually. and I am hitting this “ERROR: Stop oozie first” when I try to start oozie. I am trying to do validate the oozie installation phase from the documentation.
    The oozie sw is installed, the directories created and proper permissions defined according to the documentation.

When I try to do “/usr/lib/oozie/bin/oozie-start.sh” it gives the error and produces no files in /var/log/oozie and /var/run/oozie. The script is ran using oozie user.

” oozie-site.xml” is properly configured.

One thing is strange though (warning; newbie here), “oozie-env.sh” configuration file is a shell script file, not a XML file as described in the manual, so I changed the file accordingly (substituted the TODO strings in the export commands).

Am I doing something wrong?

I leave bellow the full description of the error and the conf files.
    ———————————————————————
    ### Script Log Error ###
    WARN: Oozie WAR has not been set up at ”/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server/webapps”, doing default set up
    setting OOZIE_CONFIG=${OOZIE_CONFIG:-/etc/oozie/conf}
    setting OOZIE_DATA=${OOZIE_DATA:-/var/lib/oozie}
    setting OOZIE_LOG=${OOZIE_LOG:-/var/log/oozie}
    setting CATALINA_BASE=${CATALINA_BASE:-/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server}
    setting CATALINA_TMPDIR=${CATALINA_TMPDIR:-/var/tmp/oozie}
    setting CATALINA_PID=${CATALINA_PID:-/var/run/oozie/oozie.pid}
    setting JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default
    setting OOZIE_CONFIG_FILE=oozie-site.xml
    setting OOZIE_LOG_DIR=/var/log/oozie
    setting CATALINA_PID=/var/run/oozie
    setting OOZIE_PID_DIR=/var/run/oozie
    setting OOZIE_DATA=/var/db/oozie
    setting JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH=”/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64″

ERROR: Stop Oozie first
    ———————————————————————
    ### oozie-env.sh ###
    export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/default
    export OOZIE_CONFIG_FILE=oozie-site.xml
    export OOZIE_LOG_DIR=/var/log/oozie
    export CATALINA_PID=/var/run/oozie
    export OOZIE_PID_DIR=/var/run/oozie
    export OOZIE_DATA=/var/db/oozie
    export JAVA_LIBRARY_PATH=”/usr/lib/hadoop/lib/native/Linux-amd64-64″

Thanks in advance for any help,
    Antonio Afonso

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

It seems like you have incorrect ooze-env.sh file…
    It should say:
    export CATALINA_PID=/var/run/oozie/oozie.pid

So,l you miss the actual PID file name.
    Please, verify your config files.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Hi Ted.

Thanks for your reply.

I issued the command “ps -eaf | grep oozie” and it returns only one the “grep entry”, nothing more.

Meanwhile I went through “oozie-setup.sh” script which does this error validation and noticed that it checks for the existence of /var/run/oozie directory (command “if [ -e "${CATALINA_PID}" ]).

${CATALINA_PID} is “/var/run/oozie”.

This directory exists, the owner is the oozie user, as the manual requested me to create it previously.
    So, since the above mentioned “if condition” is true (the directory exists but with no files), it enters it and issues the error “ERROR: Stop oozie first”. Is there a bug here, or am I doing something wrong?

Ok. For the purpose of moving on and finding out if I manage to run oozie, I commented this error routine and re-submitted the start script.

The script then ignored the “ERROR: Stop oozie first” routine but stopped with the following errors/warnings:

message 1: WARN: Oozie WAR has not been set up at ”/var/lib/oozie/oozie-server/webapps”, doing default set up
    message 2: no arguments given

For clarification purposes, let me tell you again that I’ve done all the steps in the online documentation “http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP1/HDP-1.3.1/bk_installing_manually_book/content/rpm-chap8-1.html”

Analyzing the script, after issuing the first warning message the script launches the script “oozie-setup.sh” with no arguments, hence the second message (“no arguments given”) after what the script ends with the “oozie-setup.sh” usage information.

Seems like a second bug here, that is, how does one script launches oozie-setup.sh with no arguments when it doesn’t allow that?

I hope I was clear, but please don’t hesitate to ask me if you (or someone) need clarification.

Once again thanks for your help.

Best regards,
    Antonio Afonso

Collapse

tedr

Hi Antonio,

before attempting to start oozie again, what do you get with ‘ps -eaf | grep oozie’? if you get anything other than a line that ends in ‘grep oozie’ get the process number and kill that process.

thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)