I have been trying to create a table containing a column from another table, but Hive CLI consistently fails to do so.
The following is the query:
CREATE TABLE tweets_id_sample AS
The same query above works in Hive Beeswax. I have been consistently successful in creating these types of queries in Hive Beeswax.
The following are instances that work with my Hive CLI:
– The query above also works if a view is created instead of a table.
– Empty tables can be created
– Tables from HDFS files can be created (e.g. the tweets_sample table found from the first code block was created from HDFS files
Currently, I’m stuck on how to fix this issue. I would greatly appreciate it if you can help me fix my Hive CLI and/or lead me closer to doing so.
Thanks in advance!
The environment that I’m working on is as follows:
– Hortonworks Sandbox v1.3 on Oracle VM VirtualBox
– I was working on Hortonworks Tutorial #13
– Hive Beeswax queries are executed via Hue UI from user ‘hue’
– Hive CLI queries are executed from user ‘root’ (and also tested from user ‘hue’)
I’m not sure if reposting from another forum is okay. Please let me know if it is not. Here is a reference to my stackoverflow question in which I was able to include more details: http://stackoverflow.com/q/19608576/872420