Hi Sarang, Can you please let us know which Hortonworks Sandbox version you are using? Thanks, Seth ...
Can you please let us know which Hortonworks Sandbox version you are using?
What we notice is that as soon as hadoop instance is shutdown we are losing all the data within hive external tables as well as form hdfs.
To give you an example…
1. We created external hive table ext_stockdata on 4/1
2. select from the ext_stockdata => Was successful and returned the result.
3. Loged out of Hive and Shut down the instance
4. Restarted the instance Loged back in Hive
5. select from the ext_stockdata => Was successful but we lost all the data in the table
We replicated this test today morning. After rebooting got no Data back ? Is this intended behaviour of the sandbox?….
The forum ‘Hortonworks Sandbox’ is closed to new topics and replies.
A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.
Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world