Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Hive not running, failed smoke test

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am having problem with setting up a 4-node cluster. I’m using the automated install method. During the installation, Hive failed the smoke test and gave the following error:

Hive Metastore status check
    CRIT for 2 days
    CRITICAL: Error accessing hive-metaserver status [13/10/17 17:37:02 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.

I tried the instructions given on this link but even when I do a GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO ‘hive’@’%’ , it is still not letting me log in to the mysql server.

Can someone please help me out with this?

Here is the log from /var/log/hive/hive.log

13/10/16 19:44:45 WARN conf.HiveConf: DEPRECATED: Configuration property hive.metastore.local no longer has any effect. Make sure to provide a valid value for hive.metastore.uris if you are connecting to a remote metastore.
    javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: null, message from server: “Host ‘192.168.1.121’ is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server”
    at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.NucleusJDOHelper.getJDOExceptionForNucleusException(NucleusJDOHelper.java:407)
    at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.freezeConfiguration(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:604)
    at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.createPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:326)
    at org.datanucleus.api.jdo.JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOPersistenceManagerFactory.java:195)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at javax.jdo.JDOHelper$16.run(JDOHelper.java:1958)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invoke(JDOHelper.java:1953)
    at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.invokeGetPersistenceManagerFactoryOnImplementation(JDOHelper.java:1159)
    at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:803)
    at javax.jdo.JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(JDOHelper.java:698)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPMF(ObjectStore.java:265)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.getPersistenceManager(ObjectStore.java:294)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.initialize(ObjectStore.java:227)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.ObjectStore.setConf(ObjectStore.java:202)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)
    at org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:117)
    at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.RetryingRawStore.(RetryingRawStore.java:62)

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Krishna,

Your MySQL is not allowing access for hive.
    Have you tried to create a user hive@192.168.1.121 and then GRANT ALL to that user?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)