Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation HIVE ODBC Driver Error

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi Seth,

I am trying to configure HIVE ODBC Driver with HDP 1.3.0 for Windows.I am using HIVE ODBC Driver 64 bit (operating system is Windows Server R2 2008 Enterprise). I have followed the steps as given in Hortonworks HIVE ODBC Driver user guide.I am using 10000 as port and default database as database, selected HIVE SERVER 1 as HIVE SERVER TYPE. Whenever trying to Perform Test it shows me Error that Not connected Successfully.

Thanks
    MANISH SHARMA

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Manish,

What error is being thrown from the ODBC driver on Windows Server? Are you using the correct driver (32 bit / 64 bit)
    As you can see the driver works correctly on Windows 7 & 8, it is likely due to the OS causing the issue (incompatible drivers etc)
    In the meantime I will check to see if the driver has been certified with Windows Server.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi Robert,

Actually I was trying to configure HIVE ODBC Server on Windows Server where I have installed HDP. But when I have installed and configure HIVE ODBC on windows 8 or Windows 7 and the tried to connect it to HDP server, It started working. Successfully connected to HDP server from Windows 8 or 7, I have successfully imported HDP data to Excel.

But I am anxious to know how to connect to HIVE ODBC to Windows sever.

Thanks
    MANISH

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Toby,

Can you please share what error you are getting and which Hive Server version you are trying to connect to? Can you please also share your ODBC settings?

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Toby Evans
    Participant

I’m having trouble accessing Hive from ODBC with Hdp2. The hive.server.servermode setting doesn’t seem to exist anymore!

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Manish,
    Thanks for the feedback. What did you change on your end to make it work? Was it a network issue where you couldn’t hit the hiveserver2?

Regards,
    Robert

Collapse

Manish Sharma
    Participant

HI Seth,

I have done it, I have performed this on Windows 8,Installed Hortonworks HIVE ODBC driver on Windows 8 and try to connect it to HIVE server then it worked.

Thanks
    MANISH

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)