Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Hive ODBC Driver on Mac- Help please!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cheryle Custer 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi

I am trying to install the hive odbc driver on my MacBook Pro but need some help. I am following the instructions in the tutorial to the letter, but not able to see the HIVE ODBC driver in the iODBC driver manager. One thing that the instructions refer to is the Home directory. It say this is where I need to copy the sample odbc.inii, odbcinst.ini and the actual hive obdc files. I guess I am a bit confused about the Home directory. Which exactly is the Home directory? On my Mac, there is no directory called ‘Home’ or /Home. Does the Hoe directory refer to /Users/ location?

I proceeded with this assumption and did all the required changes to the files, yet I do not see the Hive river in the river manager. Can someone please tell me my mistake?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Cheryle Custer

HI Chetan,

See this article on the Apple support site: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH10939

It says: A home folder is created for each user of your computer when his or her account is set up. If you are the only user of your computer, there is only one home folder. The home folder isn’t actually named “Home”; its name is the same as the account name specified in your user account. Your home folder appears in the sidebar of Finder windows.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)