Alex, did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem and cannot find any resolution. js ...
did you ever resolve this issue? I have the same problem and cannot find any resolution.
I’m having issues using Hive on Sandbox 2.1 with JDBC driver. I’m using user “hue” and find that almost no permissions are set, but I am not able to give this user admin rights.
1. Set general SELECT grant to user hue:
hive> grant select to user hue;
Time taken: 0.65 seconds
hive> show grant user hue;
hue USER Select false 1400792265000 root
Time taken: 0.612 seconds, Fetched: 1 row(s)
This doesn’t give me any select rights to a table like default.sample_08.
2. Set table-specific select rights to user hue:
hive> grant select on table sample_08 to user hue;
Time taken: 0.474 seconds
show grant user hue;
Time taken: 0.639 seconds
This gives me select rights on user hue, but for some reason the grant is not shown on “show grant” .
3. Grant admin role to user hue
hive> grant role admin to user hue;
Time taken: 1.075 seconds
hive> show role grant user hue;
admin false 1400864190000 root
public false 0
Time taken: 0.686 seconds, Fetched: 2 row(s)
This doesn’t seem to give user hue any additional privileges.
4. Assign user hue admin rights in hive-site.xml configuration:
Added the following lines inside hive-site.xml and restarted sandbox:
This also has no effect on the permissions of user hue.
Now my questions:
– What did I do wrong in the steps above, or are there bugs?
– Are there any other hive admin users already configured in Sandbox 2.1?
– Is there doc on the table output of the “show grant” commands? I’d like to know what the “false” and other number there indicate.