try setting hive.server2.enable.impersonation=false ...
try setting hive.server2.enable.impersonation=false
I’m having issues using Hive on Sandbox 2.1 with JDBC driver. I’m using user “hue” and find that almost no permissions are set, but I am not able to give this user admin rights.
1. Set general SELECT grant to user hue:
hive> grant select to user hue;
Time taken: 0.65 seconds
hive> show grant user hue;
hue USER Select false 1400792265000 root
Time taken: 0.612 seconds, Fetched: 1 row(s)
This doesn’t give me any select rights to a table like default.sample_08.
2. Set table-specific select rights to user hue:
hive> grant select on table sample_08 to user hue;
Time taken: 0.474 seconds
show grant user hue;
Time taken: 0.639 seconds
This gives me select rights on user hue, but for some reason the grant is not shown on “show grant” .
3. Grant admin role to user hue
hive> grant role admin to user hue;
Time taken: 1.075 seconds
hive> show role grant user hue;
admin false 1400864190000 root
public false 0
Time taken: 0.686 seconds, Fetched: 2 row(s)
This doesn’t seem to give user hue any additional privileges.
4. Assign user hue admin rights in hive-site.xml configuration:
Added the following lines inside hive-site.xml and restarted sandbox:
This also has no effect on the permissions of user hue.
Now my questions:
– What did I do wrong in the steps above, or are there bugs?
– Are there any other hive admin users already configured in Sandbox 2.1?
– Is there doc on the table output of the “show grant” commands? I’d like to know what the “false” and other number there indicate.