Home Forums Hive / HCatalog Hive table using org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Abhishek Basak 2 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I have HDP2 installed,
    I have weblogs that I would like to analyze and so I was successful creating a hive table pointing to the weblog as mentioned in the below DDL,

I can do select * from the table which brings me all the data,

But I am not able to do count(*) or group by basically the mapreduce job is failing complaining that ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe
    I used this class while creating the table, so is this class not accessible to mapreduce jobs?
    If so what do I need to do?

Please advice

CREATE TABLE table_name(
    col1 string,
    col2 string,
    col3 string,
    col4 string,
    col5 string,
    col6 string,
    col7 string,
    col8 string,
    col9 string,
    col10 string,
    col11 string)
    ROW FORMAT SERDE ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe’
    WITH SERDEPROPERTIES (
    “input.regex” = “([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) (.) (.{28}) (.{3}[^\"]*.) ([0-9]*) ([0-9]*) (.[^\%]*.) (.[^\"]*.) (.[^\"]*.) ([0-9]*)”,
    “output.format.string” = “%1$s %2$s %3$s %4$s %5$s %6$s %7$s %8$s %9$s %10$s %11$s”
    )
    LOCATION ‘/user/xyz/weblogs/';

Thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Abhishek Basak
    Participant

Hi Yi,

I also faced the same issue and the solution fixed the issue. ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.RegexSerDe’ had to be used as SERDE instead of ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe’. Thanks for posting the solution.

Collapse

Yi Zhang

Hi Sundari,

For HDP 2.0, let us know how SERDE ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.serde2.RegexSerDe’ works, instead of the ‘org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe’

Thanks,
    Yi

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)