Home Forums Oozie Hive through Oozie on a secured cluster

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Tanzir 8 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Tanzir
    Participant

Hello all,
    I have a workflow which has a Hive action that loads data into tables. So far it was working fine. I want to mention that so far I was using unsecured cluster (kerberos disabled).

But when I tried to run the same workflow on a secured cluster, I’m getting errors. It failed to find the tables as it failed to connect to Hive metastore.

163 [main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver – <PERFLOG method=Driver.run>
    1164 [main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver – <PERFLOG method=TimeToSubmit>
    1164 [main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver – <PERFLOG method=compile>
    1223 [main] INFO hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver – Parsing command: ALTER TABLE TABLE1 ADD IF NOT EXISTS PARTITION(year = 2013, month = 4, day = 8) LOCATION ‘/user/tempuser/etl/hive/table1/2013/04/08/’
    1581 [main] INFO hive.ql.parse.ParseDriver – Parse Completed
    1636 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://url:9083
    1741 [main] WARN hive.metastore – Failed to connect to the MetaStore Server…
    1741 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Waiting 1 seconds before next connection attempt.
    2741 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://url:9083
    2744 [main] WARN hive.metastore – Failed to connect to the MetaStore Server…
    2744 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Waiting 1 seconds before next connection attempt.
    3745 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Trying to connect to metastore with URI thrift://url:9083
    3749 [main] WARN hive.metastore – Failed to connect to the MetaStore Server…
    3749 [main] INFO hive.metastore – Waiting 1 seconds before next connection attempt.
    4772 [main] ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver – FAILED: SemanticException [Error 10001]: Table not found TABLE1

Then I saw these two posts:

https://groups.google.com/a/cloudera.org/forum/#!topic/hue-user/5B77Pq5-uBE

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18709840/tables-created-by-oozie-hive-action-cannot-be-found-from-hive-client-but-can-fin

So, if Hive is used through Oozie on a secured cluster, the metastore which is created by default would not work? I need to create a separate external Hive metastore?

Is there any other workarounds available?

Any information will be very helpful.

Thanks again,
    Tanzir

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.