Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation Hive/HCatalog Test Fails

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 7 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

I’m failing to get past the Hive/Hcatalog Test. I’ve followed the provided documentation to the T over 10 times. No matter what I do I can not get past this step. I was hoping I could upload the installation log, but I don’t see a way to do it.

So I guess I’m asking…what causes the Hive/Hcatlog Test to fail?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Seth,

The bit that probably did it was leaving the MySQL instance blank during install – that will cause HMC to decide where it wants to install MySQL. anyway it’s good to hear that your are up and running now. If you have any further questions, you know where to find us..

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

I was able to get a successful installation finally :)

All I did was 1) added hostname to httpd.conf file 2) left MySQL instance blank during HMC node deployment.

Collapse

I’m letting HMC install perform the MySQL installation. I made sure during the pre work, that all of the applications installed by hmc were NOT installed prior.

Collapse

Sasha J

Seth,
    it is not clear why you have this problem. Definitely, error message you post is the showstopper, however it is not clear where it come from…
    Please, use script in the following post:

http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you/

and upload resulting file as described in there.

Also, are you trying to use your existing MySQL server, or you let HMC to install it? in other word, are ypou put anything in the MySQL server field in the UI?

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Here is the error that I think causes my problem, but I could use help addressing it.
    “\”Wed Nov 21 08:58:50 -0500 2012 /Stage[2]/Hdp-hive::Hive::Service_check/Exec[/tmp/hiveSmoke.sh]/returns (notice): FAILED: Hive Internal Error: org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException(MetaException(message:Could not connect to meta store using any of the URIs provided))\”",

Collapse

I should mention this is CentOS 6.3 single node installation for demo purpose. I’m using VMware workstation 9.0. The VM has 1 CPU and 4 gig of memory. The VM is on an ssd with 40 Gig of disk space.

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)