Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HMC single machine install problems

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 4 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Thomas Emge

I have CentOS 6.3 virtual machine running on Hyper-V and I am attempting a single machine HDP installation. I believe that I have followed the pre-deployment steps very carefully but my deployment during the HMC steps fail when I am reaching the final step of the cluster install.

As per suggestion I ran the check script and uploaded the file as test7.aplhive3.out

Any suggestions on what I am missing or trouble-shooting are highly welcome.

Thanks,
    - Thomas

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Thomas,
    as expected :)

Sasha

Collapse

Thomas Emge

Excellent, after making the change the install process completes just fine and all the services are running.

Thanks,
    Thomas

Collapse

Sasha J

Thomas,
    you hit well known problem.
    HMC discovers mount points incorrectly and as a result, attempting to create directories in the device file, instead of real mount point:
    mkdir -p /dev/mapper/vg_aplhive3-lv_root/hadoop/hdfs/namenode]/returns (err): change from notrun to 0 failed: mkdir -p /dev/mapper/vg_aplhive3-lv_root/hadoop/hdfs/namenode returned 1 instead of one of [0]

Please, rerun installation and in the mount-point selection page uncheck /dev/mapper locations and type “/” (no quotes!!!) in the text field.

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)