Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation HMC: starting services failed

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sasha J 1 year, 10 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Ilya Miflig

Hello,
    Yesterday I successfully installed HMC that consists of two VMs created with VirtualBox v.4.2.0.
    Physical host: Win7, 16Gb RAM.
    VMs: CentOS release 6.2 (Final), 30Gb HDD, 4Gb RAM.
    I chose all HDP services except HBase.
    After the installation was done, I stopped all the services (via HMC) and powered off both VMs to make shapshots. After this I started both VMs, started HMC and tried to start the services but they failed. Then I ran the script from http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you .
    I’ve uploaded the script result and logs to http://ftp.support.hortonworks.com (file transfer was ok, but I saw nothing in the folder on your side, and I’m not sure that transfer was really ok).

Please advise.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Sasha J

Ilya,
    we looked through the logs, there is some kind of network problems on your side.
    Let us take this conversation offline, please check your email and respond to messages we sent you.
    Thank you!

Collapse

Ilya Miflig

Sasha,

Please let me know, if you got the log files and what additional info do you need to help me.

Collapse

Ilya Miflig

Sasha,
    Yes, I executed
    /etc/init.d/iptables stop
    on each VMs even before starting hdp

Collapse

Sasha J

Ilya,

Did you make sure to turn off iptables, or make sure that all ports used by hadoop are allowed through, on all nodes prior to trying to restart services?

Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)