HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

HMC: starting services failed

Ilya Miflig

Hello,
    Yesterday I successfully installed HMC that consists of two VMs created with VirtualBox v.4.2.0.
    Physical host: Win7, 16Gb RAM.
    VMs: CentOS release 6.2 (Final), 30Gb HDD, 4Gb RAM.
    I chose all HDP services except HBase.
    After the installation was done, I stopped all the services (via HMC) and powered off both VMs to make shapshots. After this I started both VMs, started HMC and tried to start the services but they failed. Then I ran the script from http://hortonworks.com/community/forums/topic/hmc-installation-support-help-us-help-you .
    I’ve uploaded the script result and logs to http://ftp.support.hortonworks.com (file transfer was ok, but I saw nothing in the folder on your side, and I’m not sure that transfer was really ok).

Please advise.

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Sasha J

Ilya,

Did you make sure to turn off iptables, or make sure that all ports used by hadoop are allowed through, on all nodes prior to trying to restart services?

Sasha

Ilya Miflig

Sasha,
    Yes, I executed
    /etc/init.d/iptables stop
    on each VMs even before starting hdp

Ilya Miflig

Sasha,

Please let me know, if you got the log files and what additional info do you need to help me.

Sasha J

Ilya,
    we looked through the logs, there is some kind of network problems on your side.
    Let us take this conversation offline, please check your email and respond to messages we sent you.
    Thank you!

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.