Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Hortonworks Sandbox 2.1 SSH port

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Long Nguyen Vu 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Long Nguyen Vu
    Participant

This section (access thru port 8000) provides an incorrect port number, it should be ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 22 rather than 2222. Thank you

Dive right in
    Get started using Sandbox with your own datasets, and connect it to your existing tools and applications.

To use the web interface to explore HDP 2.1 Sandbox navigate to http://127.0.0.1:8000.

To SSH into the VM and explore HDP 2.1 Sandbox from the command line

ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222;

The password is hadoop

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Long Nguyen Vu
    Participant

Dear iandr413,
    192.x.x.x is the IP address of the Sandbox (this Sandbox I’ve installed on a VM by using VMware workstation)
    And I ssh from the host machine (which is my current machine running windows 8) to that VM ( 192.x.x.x ), and also when I want to access the web user interface to manage the Sandbox, it should be http://192.x.x.x :8888 for example.

I can see you’re using Mac OS, 127.0.0.1 is localhost (which is your current machine and my machine address)
    I’m a bit confused here. Could you tell me: did you install your Sandbox directly on your hard disk, let’s say you are dual-booting with your Mac OS, or you’re also using some kind of virtualization like VMware workstation or Virtualbox ?
    Because theoretically, ssh to root@127.0.0.1 doesn’t make sense because you’re ssh-ing your own machine rather than access the server you want to manage. Because you’ve already on your “127.0.0.1″ – there’s no need to ssh to itself.

I guess there’re some differences between how we set up our Sandbox. Yes?

Thank you
    <sorry I double posted, I don’t know how to remove the previous post>

Collapse

Long Nguyen Vu
    Participant

Dear iandr413,
    192.x.x.x is the IP address of the Sandbox (this Sandbox I’ve installed on a VM by using VMware workstation)
    And I ssh from the host machine (which is my current machine running windows 8) to that VM ( 192.x.x.x ), and also when I want to access the web user interface to manage the Sandbox, it should be http://192.x.x.x :8888 for example.

I can see you’re using Mac OS, 127.0.0.1 is localhost (which is your current machine and my machine address)
    I’m a bit confused here. Could you tell me: did you install your Sandbox directly on your hard disk, let’s say you are dual-booting with your Mac OS, or you’re also using some kind of virtualization like VMware workstation or Virtualbox ?
    Because theoretically, ssh to root@127.0.0.1 doesn’t make sense because you’re ssh-ing your own machine rather than access the server you want to manage. Because you’ve already on your “127.0.0.1” – there’s no need to ssh to itself.

I guess there’re some differences between how we set up our Sandbox. Yes?

Thank you

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Long,
    I am not clear on why it is directing you to 192.x.x.x address, it should be 127.0.0.1. There is port forwarding in the VM to port 2222 from 22.

Collapse

Long Nguyen Vu
    Participant

This picture should clarify what I’ve said

Collapse

Long Nguyen Vu
    Participant

Hi iandr413,
    May I ask which <b>version</b> of Sandbox you’re using?
    I’m talking about Sandbox 2.1

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Long,
    It should work on port 2222. I just executed the following:

ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222
    root@127.0.0.1’s password:
    Last login: Fri Jun 27 08:29:04 2014 from 10.0.2.2
    [root@sandbox ~]#

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)