Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox Host does not support Intel VT-X

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Peterson 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Getting the below message in vmware player on an Intel Dual Core 1.6 GHz CPU with 2 GB RAM. However I installed the OVA as it was claimed it will work in 32bit OS as well. Is it a 32 vs 64 bit issue or a processor issue.

is there a flag or setting that I can use to turn on /off something or else need a better hard ware /processor with VT-Support.

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host does not support Intel VT-x.

For more detailed information, see http://vmware.com/info?id=152.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

The sandbox can run on a 32bit OS, but it does require a processor that supports virtualization (and/or 64bit?). If you go to the VMware Knowlege Base article listed they have a tool that you can download that will let you know if your system is compatible. Also, you can read up more on the Intel site about virtualization, they also include a tool and a link to a page that lists compatible processors.

In some cases this is a feature that you can turn off or on. Here’s a screenshot of it in the BIOS settings.

In short, this does look like a processor issue, not a 32 vs 64 issue. Even if your processor was compatible, trying to run a VM on 2 GB of ram would be painful at best. My 4 GB machine becomes unbearable to work with running the sandbox.

Collapse
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)