Home Forums MapReduce how do I complie my java program?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dan Marshall 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Jason Cao
    Participant

hi, there
    I want to compile my mapreduce program, using javac, but for -classpath, I don’t know how to tell it where the hadoop jar files are.
    there are simply so many jar files put in different directories. how do I run the javac command?
    thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dan Marshall
    Participant

Run the “yarn classpath” command to see the required directories. I was able to compile my Java program after using the command output list in my -classpath.

Collapse

Dan Marshall
    Participant

Did you find out how to do this yet? I am baffled as well.

Collapse

Jason Cao
    Participant

hi Kishore,

thanks for you reply, but sorry I may not stated my question clearly. I mean how to tell javac where those hadoop JAR files are when I try to complie my jave code.
    when I used hadoop 1.0, (I installed the cluster manually, not using horton or any rpm,) I can simply tell javac to use hadoop-core-xxx.jar which is under hadoop directry.
    but with the latest hortonworks cluster 2.0, I don’t know how to do that, there are tens of hadoop jar files scattered into different directories and I don’t know which one to use.
    Or, maybe I should define a CLASSPATH and put all jar files to this paramater, is this the suggested way?

Collapse

Hi Jason Cao,
    Step 1) You have to make a .jar file of your program.by right click on your project then export in jar
    Step 2) go to command line and copy your input file into hadoop hdfs by this command
    hadoop dfs -copyFromLocal /home/cloudera/yourfilename /

Step 3) You can see your input file in hdfs by this command
    hadoop dfs -ls /

Step 4) to execute your program use this
    hadoop jar yourjarfile.jar classname /InputFileName /OutputFileName

Step 5) See your output file by
    hadoop fs -ls /OutputFileName

Step 6)See your output data on commandline by
    hadoop dfs -cat /OutputFilename/part-r-00000

Kishore Kumar Suthar
    BI Consultant
    linkdin Kishore Kumar Suthar

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)