Home Forums HDP on Windows – Non Installation issues How do I get the Sandbox web interface?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dave 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Craig Wong
    Participant

I had previously run the Sandbox tutorials on the supplied VM and was presented with a web browser interface at IP address:8000 that had the various tools in a GUI format: Hive, Pig, Hcat, etc.

I currently installed HDP on Windows 2008 R2-64 and the SmokeTests ran ok so I’m assuming it is working. I am presented with 3 browser shortcuts on my desktop but none of them take me to the Sandbox type GUI.

Thanks.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dave

Hi Craig,

You can follow the tutorials without the web interfaces, such as grunt shell & hive (beeswax) and uploading the files (hadoop fs -put)

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Craig Wong
    Participant

Also, are there any tutorials to demo “HDP 2.0 for Windows” similar to the tutorials for the Sandbox #1-14? I want to try to re-create some of these 14 tutorials without Hue. Thanks.

Collapse

Craig Wong
    Participant

Is there any timeframe for when Hue will be available in the HDP for windows distribution?

Thanks.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Craig,

Do you want to build a Windows Sandbox, or do you just want to run the VMWare sandbox on windows – ie a Linux VM?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Craig Wong
    Participant

Hi Robert/All,

Is there a tutorial somewhere for the HDP for Windows that shows how to create a demo project similar to the ones in the Sandbox tutorials? I’m especially looking for demos/tutorials that show data that is exportable that I can show in MS Excel Pro tables/graphs.

For some background, I was able to run Sandbox demo tutorials for MS Excel Pro on my laptop. I need to show them now to management/stakeholders on higher CPU/memory machines. I tried unsuccessfully to run it in our VMware vCloud Director environment where I tried both the VMware Player and Oracle VirtualBox, but both gave various visualization errors as seen in other posts. So I thought I could use a VMware vCloud Director VM and install all the software components by hand in HDP for Windows to recreate the same Sandbox environment. Thanks for any suggestions.

Collapse

Robert Molina

Hi Craig,
    At the moment, the sandbox interface, which is the Hue project, is not currently in the HDP for windows distribution.

Kind Regards,
    Robert

Collapse
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)