Home Forums Ambari How to add components to some already registerd hosts in HDP 2.0.6.0 Cluster

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Kenny Zhang 10 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Chia-Hao Chang
    Participant

Hi,

I have already deployed a 13 nodes cluster with HDP 2.0.6.0. I want to add component (Zookeeper and JournalNode) to other already registered hosts which do not have zookeeper and JournalNode on them in my HDP 2.0.6.0 production Cluster?

There is only “Add New Hosts” in the Ambari GUI, and cannot use the “Add Host Wizard” to add component to a host which already registered in the cluster.
    It will show me “All these hosts are already part of the cluster” and cannot go netx steps for “Confirm Hosts” and “Assign Slaves and Clients”

Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Kenny Zhang

Hi James,

Journal node is consider as a master service, usually 3 JournalNodes are good enough.
    Unfortunately, the current version of Ambari doesn’t support to add new Master service in post installation. This feature will be supported in the next release.

Thanks,
    Kenny

Collapse

Chia-Hao Chang
    Participant

Hi,
    Anyone have idea about adding more JournalNode via Amari? Currently, I only have 3 JournalNodes.

Thanks in advance.
    James Chang

Collapse

Chia-Hao Chang
    Participant

Hi Dave,
    Thanks for your kindly give me the hints. Finally, I found the “Add Component” button, but unfortunately,
    it only give me five options, list as following, there is no option for add JournalNode.
    DataNode
    Hbase RegionServer
    HBase Master
    NodeManager

How can I add more JournalNode? Currently, I only have 3 JournalNodes.

Thanks in advance.
    James Chang

Collapse

Dave

Hi Chia-Hao,

If you go to the Hosts tab, find the host you want to add a component to, then drill down into that host.
    From here you will see an “Add Component” button – here you can add Zookeeper etc to this host.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)