HBase Forum

how to attach patch

Sun Ww

I had installed HBase0.98 with Ambari1.5.1 and want to attach a patch on hbase.
    I run “hbase verion”, shows ” HBase″.

1、where can I get the corresponding HBase source code.
    2、If I repace HBase jar in /usr/lib/hbase/lib, Will it work?

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Nick Dimiduk

Start by having a look at http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#developer.

Yes, you can create your own build and run it on an Ambari-managed cluster. I do this regularly for testing patches on a real cluster. I like to create the binary tarball, upload to the cluster machines, unpack on each machine, and create a symlink from the /usr/lib/hbase/lib -> /path/to/unpacked-patched-build/lib. Restart the HBase services, and you can verify the version number from the Master and RS webUI’s. The version number should match your build.

Sun Ww

Thank you.I will try it.
    And if I just want to replace only several class in HBase
    Can I get HBase source code

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.