HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

how to ? automatic installation hdp with ambari for nightly build (CI)

Shlomi Hassan
    Participant

i am searching for instruction how i can manage to install hortonworks (hdp) cluster, using ambari as a silent installation. i saw in the manual of ambari-server that there are option to do it but it used the default values.

amabri-server setup -s (Setup runs silently. Accepts all default prompt values.)

my question is how i can do it? and how i can change the default values?

the reason i need it is for our nightly build .

thanks in advanced shlomi

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Replies
    Shlomi Hassan
    Participant

i want to automate the wizard also is it possible ?

Jeff Sposetti

There is work underway with Ambari to expose an API to do automated installs (w/o running the wizard). You will be able to create a “blueprint”, hand that blueprint to the Ambari Server, and it will install the cluster to that spec.

You can follow this JIRA for progress. Thank you.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1783

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.