HDP on Linux – Installation Forum

how to ? automatic installation hdp with ambari for nightly build (CI)

Shlomi Hassan

i am searching for instruction how i can manage to install hortonworks (hdp) cluster, using ambari as a silent installation. i saw in the manual of ambari-server that there are option to do it but it used the default values.

amabri-server setup -s (Setup runs silently. Accepts all default prompt values.)

my question is how i can do it? and how i can change the default values?

the reason i need it is for our nightly build .

thanks in advanced shlomi

to create new topics or reply. | New User Registration

• Author
    Shlomi Hassan

i want to automate the wizard also is it possible ?

Jeff Sposetti

There is work underway with Ambari to expose an API to do automated installs (w/o running the wizard). You will be able to create a “blueprint”, hand that blueprint to the Ambari Server, and it will install the cluster to that spec.

You can follow this JIRA for progress. Thank you.

You must be to reply to this topic. | Create Account

Support from the Experts

A HDP Support Subscription connects you experts with deep experience running Apache Hadoop in production, at-scale on the most demanding workloads.

Enterprise Support »

Become HDP Certified

Real world training designed by the core architects of Hadoop. Scenario-based training courses are available in-classroom or online from anywhere in the world

Training »

Hortonworks Data Platform
The Hortonworks Data Platform is a 100% open source distribution of Apache Hadoop that is truly enterprise grade having been built, tested and hardened with enterprise rigor.
Get started with Sandbox
Hortonworks Sandbox is a self-contained virtual machine with Apache Hadoop pre-configured alongside a set of hands-on, step-by-step Hadoop tutorials.
Modern Data Architecture
Tackle the challenges of big data. Hadoop integrates with existing EDW, RDBMS and MPP systems to deliver lower cost, higher capacity infrastructure.