Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation How to change hadoop user password on HDP 1.1 for WIndows

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic

suaroman
    Participant

The docs indicate the following:

1.5.3. Optional – Create Hadoop user
    HDP installer takes the following actions to create hadoop user for your environment:
    • If user hadoop does not exist, HDP installer automatically creates a local user with
    random password.
    • If the user hadoop already exists, HDP installer will change the current password
    to a new random password. The random password is passed on the command line
    throughout the install process, then discarded.

** Administrator can change the password
    later, but it must be done both in the user configuration and in the service objects
    installed on each machine via Service Manager.

I have a functional hdp for windows install but need to change the hadoop user account.

I understand how to change the password on Windows and how to change the password for each of the Windows Services they are running under but not sure what is being referenced above when it indicates ‘user configuration’.

Can someone give me steps ?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Sauroman,

Thanks for the information.

Ted.

Collapse

suaroman
    Participant

It looks like all you have to do is change the password, then go each of the NT services and update the password . After doing this and restarting the services everything worked fine again.

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)