Home Forums HDP on Windows – Installation How to configure and install monitoring tool on HDP on Windows

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Manish Sharma 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi All,

Can anyone assist me how to configure and install munin (or any other) monitoring tool and HUE on HDP Windows , to monitor Hadoop cluster and rest all Eco Systems.I am not getting any way to implement monitoring tool in HDP.

Please assist me.

Thanks
    MANISH

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Manish Sharma
    Participant

Hi Seth,

I have downloaded ambari-scom-1.2.5.0.9.0.0-60 and Installed it , It has been installed successfully,still not getting any thing related to monitoring,I am using SQL Server 2005,Windows HDP 1.3.0.

After starting the services successfully ,screen halts and not showing me anything.Please assist me how I can solve this issue.

Thanks
    MANISH

Collapse

Seth Lyubich
    Keymaster

Hi Manish,

You can also take a look Ambari SCOM which integrates with Microsoft System Center. You can find more information here:

http://hortonworks.com/blog/integrating-hadoop-operations-with-microsoft-system-center/

Hope this helps,

Thanks,
    Seth

Collapse

Dave

Hi Manish,

Currently Hue is unavailable for HDP on Windows as is Nagios.
    You can look at other monitoring tools available on the market / sahreware or freeware which you can use to monitor the systems and other Hadoop components. As they are all java based you can use plugins to monitor the JVM itself and/or E2E monitoring of the HDP platform.

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)