Home Forums Hue How to configure HTTPFS for filebrowser in NamenodeHA cluster

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Gerd 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Gerd
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve installed the latest HDP2 via Ambari, enabled Namenode-HA and installed Hue as described here.

I can login to Hue, but the filebrowser isn’t working. In Ambari =>Service HDFS => General WebHDFS is enabled, but none of the cluster nodes is listening on configured port 14000?!?! Therefore it makes sense, that “check for misconfiguration” in Hue shows the error:
    hadoop.hdfs_clusters.default.webhdfs_url || Current value: http://hadoop-pg-7.cluster:14000/webhdfs/v1/ || Failed to access filesystem root

Why is none of the namenodes offering WebHDFS / listening to 14000 ?!?! I restarted the services several times to ensure the latest config has been applied.

Additionally I found the information that for environments using Namenode-HA the Hue filebrowser shall use HTTPFS instead of WebHDFS. Is this still correct and how to configure this in Ambari ?!? I didn’t find any hints for that.

many thanks in advance, Gerd

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How to configure HTTPFS for filebrowser in NamenodeHA cluster’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Gerd
    Participant

that’s perfect, many thanks Dave.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Gerd,

In your hue.ini you should have a setting for:

fs_defaultfs=hdfs://mycluster

When using HA you should set this to the service name which you specified in the HA setup (or it is found in the hdfs-site.xml under <name>dfs.nameservices</name>
    <value>mycluster</value>

This will only point to the service and not worry about going directly to the NameNode

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Gerd
    Participant

Hi,

sorry for bothering ;)
    I thought HTTPFS is also started automatically while restarting all the services via Ambari.
    I manually started this service and configured in hue.ini the current active namenode as defaultFS and now the filebrowser is working.

There is just one open question: if a namenode takeover occurs the filebrowser would stop working since the configured server isn’t the active one. Do I have to reconfigure hue.ini anytime the active namenode switches over ?!?!

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)