Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox How to Configure SandBox on CentOS 6 using

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tedr 1 year ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Hi,

I am using Hortonworks sandbox for Oracle Virtual Box.

How to give Network setting for that.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

tedr

Hi Bhushan,

Here’s how you can fix this problem:
    - make sure that the Sandbox is not running (no sandbox console window open with or without the latest error)
    - select the Sandbox VM in the list of vms (only one click, we don’t want to start it just yet)
    - open the settings for the Sandbox vm
    - go to System->Acceleration
    - on that tab you should see a couple of checkboxes (labelled VT-X/AMD-v and Enable Nested Paging) select them both
    - save the settings
    - launch the sandbox

That’s it,
    Ted.

Collapse

Shubh Paul

Thanks a lot to Sasha and ted. I have fixed the adapter issue on Vbox. And now when was trying to run the hadoop it’s saying “This kernel requires an X86-64 CPU but only detected an i686 CPU – unable to boot please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU”

My system Configuration is below: Intel Core2duo processor – 64 bit CPU and my host OS is Win7 64bit.
    Virtual Box version is 4.2.10..
    I also enable the Intel VT from the BIOS settings. but still having the same issue. Please help me getting fix the issue. Thanks a lot in advance. :)

Regards
    Shubh

Collapse

Shubh Paul

sasha – i tried with the link shared by you and change it accordingly in regedit. And the reboot the system but still having the same error.:( Please help.

Thanks
    Shubh

Collapse

Sasha J

Shubh,
    make sure you have configured “vboxnet0″ interface.
    Alos, take a look on this post, it helped many people in the past to solve Sandbox ion Windows problems:

http://www.brokenwire.net/bw/Various/120/fix-virtualbox-causes-unidentified-network-on-vista-and-windows-7

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse

Shubh Paul

Ted – I’m running virtual box in windows7 platform.. When it’s comes to any kinda of network settings i’m almost poor on it. So any kind of help will be great to me. Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards
    Shubh

Collapse

tedr

Hi Shubh,

Thanks for trying the Hortonworks Sandbox
    To correct for the error you are getting you will need to add ‘Vboxnet0′ to the physical interfaces the Virtual box knows about. How to do this will vary depending on which platform Virtual box is running on, so which OS are you running Vbox on Windows, MacOSX, Linux?

Thanks,
    Ted.

Collapse

Shubh Paul

I am also trying to run the Hortonworks sandbox for oracle virtual box and follow the setup manual in windows – for more clarification the attachment shared by @bhushan. but when i was trying to start my virtual system it’s showing the following error – “Could not start the machine sandbox HDP bombardier2 because the following physical network interfaces were not found: vboxnet0 (Adapter2)”…

Please help out me getting fix the issue. Thanks a lot in advance.

Collapse

Larry Liu

Hi, Bhushan

Please let us know if you have tried to run it on Centos 6. It is a good practice for other users.

Thanks
    Larry

Collapse

Thanks All for your reply.

Collapse

Cheryle Custer

Hi Bhushan,

VirtualBox will run on CentOS, but we have not tested the Sandbox running in that configuration, but it is possible.

Please review the Sandbox install instructions for Windows on VB – there are troubleshooting and network adapter configuration instructions at the end of the install instructions. You may find them useful. If the Network Adapter settings in the install instructions don’t work, try adapter 1 as Bridged Adapter and adapter 2 as NAT — this configuration worked for an Ubuntu user.

Thanks for your interest in the Sandbox.

Cheryle

Collapse

Sasha J

Bhushan,
    What do you mean?
    please, take a look on the following documents, it explain all the things you need to do in order to run Sandbox:

http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/InstallingHortonworksSandboxMacUsingVB.pdf

http://hortonworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/InstallingHortonworksSandboxonWindowsusingVB.pdf

Thank you!
    Sasha

Collapse
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)