Home Forums Sqoop How to import data from tables with SCHEMA names using sqoop

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Koelli Mungee 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Durga Prasad
    Participant

I want to import data from HumanResources.Employee table but I was getting the following error.

Error:
    Invalid object name ‘HumanResources.Employee’.
    DB Name: AdventureWorks2012
    Table: HumanResources.Employee

SQOOP Command:
    sqoop import -connect “jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;Database=AdventureWorks2012;username=sqoop;password=sqoop;” -table HumanResources.Employee -target-dir /user/data/durga -m 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Durga

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘How to import data from tables with SCHEMA names using sqoop’ is closed to new replies.

• Author
    Replies

Koelli Mungee

Hi Durga,

This is an example of running an import to sqlserver:

sqoop-import –connect “jdbc:sqlserver://10.10.20.8:1433;databaseName=dave” –driver com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver –username hive –password hive –query “select test.dave as NUMBER, test.test as DATA from test where \$CONDITIONS” –split-by test.dave –as-avrodatafile -m1 –target-dir /data/sub/cca/fpcondtl/stg5hash/

Let me know if this helps, if not please post the full error you are getting along with the full command/verbose output.

Regards
    Koelli

Collapse

Durga Prasad
    Participant

Hi Koelli,

I am using Sqoop 1.4.2 version only and There is no information about tables with schema name in the given link. Please share any other links.

provided link:

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.2/SqoopUserGuide.html

Thanks
    Durga

Collapse

Koelli Mungee

Hi Durga,

What version of Sqoop are you using? Did you start looking at the sqoop user guide?

http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.2/SqoopUserGuide.html

Regards
    Koelli

Collapse
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)