Home Forums Hortonworks Sandbox How to import existing workflow package into hortonworks sandbox?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Dzianis Sokal 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

Dzianis Sokal
    Participant

Hi,

I am not able to import my oozie package into the hortonworks sandbox. Any help is highly appreciated!

I have the following package in the local

MyProject.tar.gz
    - MyProject
    -- workflow.xml
    -- lib
    --- myLib.jar
    --- otherLib.jar

First I tried to import it into hortonworks sandbox via command-line:

oozie job -verbose -oozie http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:11000/oozie -config /home/hue/job.properties -run

Where job.properties is

nameNode=hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020
    jobTracker=sandbox.hortonworks.com:8050
    queueName=default
    examplesRoot=examples

oozie.wf.application.path=${nameNode}/user/${user.name}/MyProject.tar.gz

and this gives me

Error E0701: XML schema error, Content is not allowed in prolog.

I checked there is no BOM in my workflow file and was able to successfully validate it via

oozie validate workflow.xml

So I give up command-line and tried import it from web UI. I can import only workflow.xml successully. However I don’t know how to add myLib.jar and otherLib.jar into the classpath. I tried zipping lib folder and adding the resulting package to “Workflow resource archive (zip)” during import, but I get following exception:

get() returned more than one Node -- it returned 2! Lookup parameters were {'name': 'kill', 'workflow': <Workflow: mc2 - hue>}

click on more info:

/usr/lib/hue/apps/oozie/src/oozie/views/editor.py 205 import_workflow
    /usr/lib/hue/apps/oozie/src/oozie/import_workflow.py 591 import_workflow
    /usr/lib/hue/apps/oozie/src/oozie/import_workflow.py 127 _save_links
    /usr/lib/hue/apps/oozie/src/oozie/import_workflow.py 241 _node_relationships
    /usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.3-py2.6.egg/django/db/models/manager.py 132 get
    /usr/lib/hue/build/env/lib/python2.6/site-packages/Django-1.2.3-py2.6.egg/django/db/models/query.py 343 get

That’s all I have. Any suggestions?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Dzianis Sokal
    Participant

Thanks, iandr413. I was able to run example. I was trying to launch app from archive before, so I extracted files from archive and pointed my job.properties to the folder and it works! However the process looks too complicated right now:
    1. I first package my app via mvn
    2. Copy workflow.xml and libs into HDFS
    3. Copy jop.properties into sandbox’s filesystem
    4. Launch from sandbox terminal

Any way I can simplify it? Ideally it will be great to import my package from we UI.

Collapse

iandr413

Hi Dzianis,
    Can you validate you are able to run the examples provided as part of the sandbox by executing the following:

su oozie
    cd /usr/share/doc/oozie-4.0.0.2.1.1.0
    oozie job -oozie http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:11000/oozie -config examples/apps/map-reduce/job.properties -run

More information can be found here -> http://oozie.apache.org/docs/3.1.3-incubating/DG_Examples.html

Once you get a sample running, you should be able to use that as a baseline for getting your oozie job running.

Ian

Collapse
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)