Home Forums HDP on Linux – Installation how to LOGIN in sandbox

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Pallothu Ramesh 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic

i downloaded the Hortonworks+Sandbox+1.3+VMware+RC6 for windows and trying run it on my vmware player
    but the thing is , its asking for login and i don’t know login id and password for it and there is no information for it too
    so please help me

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

• Author
    Replies

Pallothu Ramesh
    Participant

I can access Hadoop UI from browser but i would want to explore the VM and installations within. how can reach linux desktop. what is the appropriate steps to reach desktop.

Please help me.

Collapse

Richard Clapp
    Participant

I have noticed a major gap in the tutorials and documentation for the Sandbox. We are assuming many of it’s users are beginners, but don’t walk people through HOW to connect to the VM. In most companies, a staff member will setup the VM and put on the ova. They then hand it off to the business or IT person who is wanting to use it. All they tell them or can tell them is root and hadoop (uid/ pwd) and that is it. Not real helpful. It leaves these beginners high and dry with no real resources to help them to get connected. We need Horton to fix this gap. I would strongly suggest a preface to the Tutorials that goes over how to connect to the new VM when all they get is a VM name, IP Adr, root and hadoop. Walk people through the settings for putty and etc. EXACTLY what they should see when they try to sign on to the VM by various methods. Let’s make it easy for someone to like Hadoop.

Collapse

Dave

Hi Deepak / Rajeev,

You issue the ssh command :

ssh -p 2222 127.0.0.1

root
    password:- hadoop

Thanks

Dave

Collapse

Rajeev Ranjan
    Participant

Hi Deepak,

I am also facing the same issue. I have followed the installation instructions to set-up the Sandbox in Oracle Virtual box.

Please share if you are able to login to sandbox?

Dave: I am not sure, but i am not using any web based interface to login.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
    Rajeev

Collapse

Dave

Hi Deepak,

Are you logging in via SSH or into the web front end (HUE)?

Thanks

Dave

Collapse
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)